IGNORED

Lady Bug ? YES... the Lady has a BUG !

macdlsa

... and I could not avoid to take full advantage of it :-D !
SPECIAL points and EXTRA lives as if they "rained"...

[ Lady Bug "1st press" NTSC cartridge, PAL setup ]

post-10922-0-34534900-1461519732_thumb.jpg

post-10922-0-01098500-1461519759_thumb.jpg

I have to thank the little daughter (who is about only 2 years old) of a good friend of mine, Marco Miccoli (Ocram here in AA... who also is the best italian collector of VCS/2600 related things !!!), and her "innocent" way to play Lady Bug on daddy's modded NTSC Heavy Sixer !

Maybe someone already knows of this "bug", which firstly appears as a kind of "Easter-Egg".
I would not say how it could be activated, yet... I could not tag John (johnnywc) , but if anyone could, then we would all know if he wanted this from the start or it is really a bug...

... and I could not avoid to take full advantage of it :-D !

SPECIAL points and EXTRA lives as if they "rained"...

[ Lady Bug "1st press" NTSC cartridge, PAL setup ]

Maybe someone already knows of this "bug", which firstly appears as a kind of "Easter-Egg".

I would not say how it could be activated, yet... I could not tag John (johnnywc) , but if anyone could, then we would all know if he wanted this from the start or it is really a bug...

Hmmm... It's been about 10 years but I don't recall any Easter Egg that gives you a ton of points or lives! :) Can you PM me how you triggered it?

Thanks!

John

Of course, John (pvtmsg already sent).

But I don't want to take credits for this discover, 'cause it was ocram's little daughter who first found it out !

Hey Ale (sprazzi) ! Hehe... you could know it soon ;)

K.S. :
I bought mine in XMas 2009 together with Juno First and Pac-Man Arcade.

And, yes, you're affeceted :P .

No clip, though... those things are too much modern for a "Methuselah" like me... pictures are pretty enough.
As I already said, I would like to first hear the opinion of John.

Edited by macdlsa

Similar thing happened to me on my recently purchased copy of Stay Frosty 2. I had just finished the first level, and it started to add bonus points at the end of it. The thing is it carried on adding points while I was playing through the next few levels. Not sure what caused this to happen, anyway, after it got to about 120,000 points I switched it off. That was only on my second play of the game. It's a PAL60 copy and it hasn't happened again.

• Like 1

No confirmation from author = not an Easter egg. Funny...it sounds lie something I did in Hack'Em (but IS) ;)

I chatted with Marco and it's actually an Easter Egg that it took almost 10 years for someone to find! :)

Spoiler below for those who want to give it a try. Have fun!

This Easter Egg was originally put in for testing, but I kept it around to see if anyone would be able to find it.

It doesn't automatically give you points or lives, but it does make it easy to rack up both.

If you eat a HEART when it's YELLOW while holding down the fire button, you will automatically get an EXTRA lady bug.

If you eat a HEART when it's RED while holding down the fire button, you will automatically advance to the SPECIAL maze.

• Like 7

I chatted with Marco and it's actually an Easter Egg that it took almost 10 years for someone to find! :)

This Easter Egg was originally put in for testing, but I kept it around to see if anyone would be able to find it.

It doesn't automatically give you points or lives, but it does make it easy to rack up both.

If you eat a HEART when it's YELLOW while holding down the fire button, you will automatically get an EXTRA lady bug.

If you eat a HEART when it's RED while holding down the fire button, you will automatically advance to the SPECIAL maze.

I gotta try this sometime! :thumbsup:

does it work on the newer Lady Bug LE carts too?

Edited by Arenafoot

Yep, it also does it with the original "Standard" cartridge.

That "dot inside the zero" when the counter rolls reminds me of another Johnny game, much more "recent"... But that time I "made the roll" without easter-eggs or bugs ... :P

post-10922-0-15136900-1462168535_thumb.png

• Like 1

The spoiler text information is from John, not from Marco (I misunderstood this too). :)

Apologies for my confusing post... I meant to say I had chatted with Marco via IM to get details on what the 'bug' was and confirmed that it was indeed an Easter Egg. :)

BTW there are 4 Easter Eggs in LB, looks like 2 have been found (button+RED/YELLOW heart and dot in the 0 for > 1,000,000). The other two are 'triggered' by accomplishing something in the game.

Hint #1:

I recommend you relax with a Rolling Rock beer and think about it for while... :)

Hint #2:

Listen to your mom and eat ALL your veggies!

Good luck!

Edited by johnnywc
  • Like 3