IGNORED

History: Atari VCS --> Atari 400/800 --> Amiga

Joe Decuir and Ron Nicholson give an in-depth talk about their work with Jay Miner, and discuss how the system architecture from the Atari 2600 was further developed to form the system architecture of the Atari 400/800 series, and how the Atari 400/800 design evolved into the Amiga. This lecture series, given last year for the IEEE, celebrates the Amiga system architecture, on it's 30th anniversary, and is a must watch for any serious Atari & Amiga computer enthusiast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXKcMFoRsN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOo1HA66BWw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRNsKvGwKOM

• Like 8

Had one of the fist gen, didn't like it. Was next to useless for doing local playback, IMO a huge oversight on their part.

Most YT videos can be downloaded as FLV or MP4.

Obviously MP4 is way preferable. Just use a 3rd party program or browser extension.

The painful part is that they change functionality and it'll often break these things. Currently with Firefox I have "Download Youtube Videos as MP4" Extension which works fine.

Then just play using DLNA over Wifi to my Bluray player or put on a flashdrive and play on the PVR box.

Edited by Rybags

Had one of the fist gen, didn't like it. Was next to useless for doing local playback, IMO a huge oversight on their part.

Most YT videos can be downloaded as FLV or MP4.

Obviously MP4 is way preferable. Just use a 3rd party program or browser extension.

The painful part is that they change functionality and it'll often break these things. Currently with Firefox I have "Download Youtube Videos as MP4" Extension which works fine.

Then just play using DLNA over Wifi to my Bluray player or put on a flashdrive and play on the PVR box.

Hmm, I never have those issues. Anyone in my house using an Android or iOS phone can easily stream YouTube to our first gen Chromecast or the Xbox One just by tapping the icon in the app. I also stream Chrome tabs from my desktop or our laptops to the Chromecast without issue for those times when it's some other type of Web-centric content.

The only major issue I've had is with occasionally using Miracast streaming (to stream a laptop's entire display) to our Xbox One's, but even that has gotten better, although sometimes it still takes a few tries to connect. I can't imagine going back to "sneakernet" and manually transferring files around.

What I was referring to is local file playback.

And not screen mirroring, proper streaming. The problem with stuff like miracast is it's an arbitrary transmission of what's onscreen and usually not synced to the framerate of the video you're playing.

What I was referring to is local file playback.

And not screen mirroring, proper streaming. The problem with stuff like miracast is it's an arbitrary transmission of what's onscreen and usually not synced to the framerate of the video you're playing.

Understood, but in this case streaming it to your TV would be far more straightforward (although technically it's not streaming, as it's directing either the Chromecast or Xbox One to simply play the YouTube file, so it's more remote control). Anyway, that's neither here nor there.