IGNORED

Dimensions of Atari VCS Cartridges

Johnw1104

Hi guys, I know this probably seems like the silliest of threads given one could simply grab a cart and measure it, but I'm currently recovering from a surgery with no access to my apartment and to avoid going a bit crazy while I wait to get out of here I decided to finally design a new shelf for my game carts.

The main problem, of course, is I have no carts on hand to measure. I've been searching online for the dimensions of carts and have hit some trouble in that I can only find an answer or two and it doesn't seem like they could be right.

Mainly, they suggest the width (thickness) is about 20mm, but a seemingly reliable source on Nes cartridges also claimed they were 20 mm. From what I remember in handling both for years, I could swear the Atari VCS carts are a decent amount thicker than the unusually thin Nes Carts.

Granted, from what I recall I have some carts like Frogger and Riddle of the Sphynx that are a bit longer and thinner at the top so they're not uniform, but I'm basically looking for the thickest measurement so that I can safely estimate how much space I'll need for the Atari section of my future shelves. At this point it just seems like either the Atari estimate is too small or the Nes estimate is too large.

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

I only have Activision, Parker Brothers, and Atari carts.

Publisher Length (top to bottom) Width (side to side) Depth (thickness)

Activision 97mm 81mm 20mm

Parker Bros. 98mm 82mm 20mm

Atari 98mm 82mm 20mm

It was a little hard to measure the width (side to side) on the Atari and Parker Brothers carts because of the curved edges