IGNORED

who would buy 5200 paddles?

mjlescord

I looked into sourcing parts to make a few more and after shipping costs it's not currently feasible to do so.

I guess mjlescord was 16 years ahead of his time.

A few different folks have made these for many years. They just don't get promoted\sold often.

How many games use a paddle? Are they good games worthy of the expense... and the extra space needed to store it for the 99.9999% of the year I do not play those few games?

I think someone else made a list in this thread or another about using a paddle on the 5200.

I'm also gonna cap it at 8 as I need to be sure I can source the paddles. And then I also have to pay up front for all the new 5200 db15 cords. That is unless someone has 4 sets of good condition paddles and 8x 5200 joysticks cables they want to sell me all at once :P

I was able to easily make my own professional quality paddle controller years ago using the following instructions that one of our members was nice enough to post:

http://portable.0catch.com/5200paddle.html

It is a super easy mod. Now, the instructions above the guy used some glue, but that is not required. I recommend this method if you happen to have a spare 2600 paddle you don't need anymore.

• Like 1

I'm also gonna cap it at 8 as I need to be sure I can source the paddles. And then I also have to pay up front for all the new 5200 db15 cords. That is unless someone has 4 sets of good condition paddles and 8x 5200 joysticks cables they want to sell me all at once :P

I'd buy 1 or 2! I PM'd you. :)

I also have 2 15db pin cables I could send you for the cause!

• Like 1

OK I just bought a shitload of paddles. Now I'm gonna get the db15's and extra buttons for the start on the sides.

EDIT: Just ordered close to $100 worth of the 5200 cords from console5. They will ship them to me at the end

of next week as they are on vacation from the 28th till the 5th I'm told.

EDIT #2: Start buttons ordered as well. :)

EDIT #3:

So I'm going to be able to make 8 paddle controllers when all the parts arrive that I ordered today.

7 are already spoken for to the following users.

TrekMD x2
atari5200dude82
sramirez2008
Kaboomer x2
GaryH917
Bemis
I will reserve spots for 1 more currently. After those first 8 are built and shipped I can look into a few
more if the interest is there but I'm not committing to that.
  • Like 2

If I can get at least 4 people to commit to $45 each plus shipping I will order the parts to make 4 more 5200 paddles. I can't do it with less than that as it would be cost prohibitive.

I am so late to this, You know me I am the posterboy for the Atari 5200, help me out here ;) I will take 4 or at least two ;)