IGNORED

Need some info on odd Atari 8 bit cart: CLASSware Eductional Cart

Greetings 8 bit enthusiasts, I need some info. I recently scored an oddball cart. Attached is a pic. Just wanted to know the history of this particular cart and anything anyone has to add to what I have found. I have never came across something like this in my decades of collecting. Most appreciated and thank you.

post-7241-0-36116700-1462161450_thumb.jpg

Edited by swlovinist

• 9 months later...

I just took this picture to show what the cart looks like when in operation. This is all it does.

That looks like a BXL cart, but why Ind. instead of Inc. and no Ready prompt?

I don't have BXL 1.00 and couldn't find it quickly, so if anyone has BXL 1.00, does yours say OSS, Ind. instead of OSS, Inc.?

That looks like a BXL cart, but why Ind. instead of Inc. and no Ready prompt?

I don't have BXL 1.00 and couldn't find it quickly, so if anyone has BXL 1.00, does yours say OSS, Ind. instead of OSS, Inc.?

I think this cart is designed to enable the operation of additional software in the floppy drive, serving as a validation tool to prevent the use of pirated copies of the floppy software. Perhaps it is programmed to look for the floppy and autorun it when it finds it? This might explain why it never gives a ready prompt.

I am working on obtaining a means of dumping a cart without opening it. It might be awhile, but I will be happy to post the rom when I am able.

Edited by Serpentor
  • Like 2

clean the cartridge port on the computer carefully and the card edge on the cartridge top and bottom. blow on both then insert and retry...

leave on for 15 minutes then press reset... always used the cartridge with a disk.. disk did not work without the cartridge...

I looked at these today and see that CEMC2.BIN and CEMC3.BIN are exactly the same and all 4 4k blocks are the same too. CEMC.BIN has 8k of different bytes altogether. So there are Three (3) of 4 4k blocks that are good, bad news is One (1) 4k block never got copied.

I would clean the contacts on the cartridge and try copying the two OSS 16k types again. You might also try rocking the cartridge back-and-forth in the AtariMax reader so that it gets a better seat...

I looked at these today and see that CEMC2.BIN and CEMC3.BIN are exactly the same and all 4 4k blocks are the same too. CEMC.BIN has 8k of different bytes altogether. So there are Three (3) of 4 4k blocks that are good, bad news is One (1) 4k block never got copied.

I would clean the contacts on the cartridge and try copying the two OSS 16k types again. You might also try rocking the cartridge back-and-forth in the AtariMax reader so that it gets a better seat...

I have done as you suggested and re-dumped.

CEMC2 (Type A).bin

CEMC3 (Type B).bin

Is it calling CIO in the normal way so it should work with any DOS, or have you found it to be DOS specific?

I'm going to investigate this autorun.nta.

Edit: Well, it's not a BASIC program. I wrote:

10 ? "Hello"

20 G.10

SAVE"D:AUTORUN.NTA"

on a DOS2 format disk (virtual, in Altirra), and it didn't do anything except keep hammering the drive by continuously accessing D1:

Edited by Kyle22