IGNORED

Spiderman for the Odyssey 2 / Videopac

Any one interested in a copy of the limited run of CIB parker brothers style release of SPIDERMAN for the Odyssey 2 / Videopac please view the linked thread below. I am trying to help everyone in the US save on shipping as it will ship from Belgium. Scroll down to the bottom of the thread to see more from me after you view the details from the OP. We can get the shipping costs extremely low per person if enough people want to buy a copy of the game.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/252123-spider-man-new-release/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

O2 games are REALLY easy to make. Maybe get someone state side to build them? Could save a ton of headaches.

The box, manual, and label are well done, and I prefer to support the homebrew scene, people making new games, or porting new games to system I enjoy playing.

It's not a homebrew, it's a prototype repro is it not?

Yes its a prototype. I said "homebrew scene", because it could be a prototype, port, hack, or brand new game and it's all the same to me. He spent time getting the boxes and labels produced in an effort to make a CIB copy available again to people who will enjoy it since the first run sold out and they never come up for sale aside from happiestsellerever! listing it over $1000. I have 3 re-writeable multi-carts that I have and can add the game to at any point if I was looking to save money. I also have no desire to begin looking into where to get labels and or boxes (which I can imagine would not be cheap to get 1 printed) made. I am choosing to support him and anyone else that takes the time to bing something new or bring something back that a lot of people want to system I enjoy playing and collecting for.

I am really not sure how me looking into having someone else make this would save a headache? If anything it would just be a bigger one. It's already been done and all I have to do is pay for my copy. I am just opening a box and sending the others copies out to the others that order one when they arrive at my house. Right now the shipping is down to about $2 per person to ship from Belgium.. then around $3 for me ship to to them. It would cost over $10 to have it shipped individually without tracking. I have cut the shipping cost for everyone in at least half and save myself some money on shipping cost in the process.

This is a win-win for me and 15 others who have signed up in the last 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Yes its a prototype....

This is a win-win for me and 15 others who have signed up in the last 2 weeks.

I was referring to the difference between homebrew and proto cause if it was a homebrew that would be wrong to reproduce a modern made game. That is the given unwritten code in the homebrew scene most the time. As for getting them made stateside, that would save a bunch on shipping and there are various places in North America that offer retail quality boxes,ect. as well. Sorry if it came across any different than that.

• Like 1

I was referring to the difference between homebrew and proto cause if it was a homebrew that would be wrong to reproduce a modern made game. That is the given unwritten code in the homebrew scene most the time. As for getting them made stateside, that would save a bunch on shipping and there are various places in North America that offer retail quality boxes,ect. as well. Sorry if it came across any different than that.

No worries. I can't see going through the effort to give them the art work in the proper format and having them make the boxes for me being more cost effective then a $2 shipping charge. Plus the seller making a 2nd run of these available paid good money for the proto and I wouldn't want undercut someone who does a lot for the small world of O2/Videopac collectors out there.