IGNORED

Building custom JAMMA-compliant arcade game, need info

Hello everyone!

I'm a graduating computer engineering student, and this summer I've decided to build a custom arcade game and cabinet which is JAMMU-compliant.

I've looked hard but haven't been able to find a specification for JAMMA however. Things like timings, ports, features, limitations, etc.

Could someone possibly point me in a good direction? Thank you in advance!

Edited by Eschersenigma

Thank you, but I've seen this image and the problem is I don't have enough information about the behavior of the signals to emulate it.

Are all of those pins active high? How about analog or digital? What protocol is using only one sync signal? How many bits are the RGB values? What watt and ohmage are the speaker outputs? What are the timings on the coin slot pins?

Edited by Eschersenigma

Thank you, but I've seen this image and the problem is I don't have enough information about the behavior of the signals to emulate it.

Are all of those pins active high? How about analog or digital? What protocol is using only one sync signal? How many bits are the RGB values? What watt and ohmage are the speaker outputs? What are the timings on the coin slot pins?

I do NOT have an EE degree, so I cannot be as specific; however, I am 99.99% positive that every lead off that connector is purely analog (including audio / video).

With the exception of the audio and video feeds, everything else is literally 0/1 (off or on).

I can't say for sure what voltage passes through the buttons / switches... but it would definitely need to be either 5 or 12 volt. Typically it wouldn't matter though which since all it's doing is completing a circuit... unless you intend to develop some sort of analog to digital converter for this.

As for the audio... most boards had some form of pre-am built onto them, but others had the audio amplifier separate... in which case the audio channels had almost no audio output.