IGNORED

Mr. Cool for the 400/800 (knowledge share)

dpcassil

My secondary intention of this post, and the more important for the community at large, is to create a single store for information on a game that is harder to find info on.

Please add any info pertaining to this game that you feel would benefit future investigations by others.

post-46582-0-93259700-1463065867_thumb.jpg

------------------

Yet another game that is hard to find info on.

I have this game, not sure how rare it is. One rarity guide shows it to be only somewhat rare (less so than InHome Baseball for example) but I can find several recent sales for baseball on eBay, and almost nothing on this one. There is a new in sealed box copy that someone is asking $250 for on eBay. Then a loose cart that is in really bad condition that someone is asking $40 for. The one I have is in really good, almost new condition. The box has been open but still has most of the plastic wrapping on it, and the cart and instructions are nearly perfect. But between $40 and $250 and no actual data on copies that have sold..... who knows.

Obviously data on its value is high on my list of would like to knows.

But in addition, the more I research these games for value, the more I find that I am curious on who made them, how they were received by the game community at the time, is there a following for the title / company, etc.

The above sentence concerns me as I really do not have the time and money to be a collector of anything.... but..... Its rather addicting / nostalgic, this looking into the past.

------------------

As a reference, I paid $73 for a sealed NIB Mr. Cool 5 years ago :)

Still looking for a loose one in minty shape too. $40 isn't so bad...

Edit: that one on ebay now for $40 with a torn label and exposed screw isn't worth much...

Edited by AtariGeezer

You've probably seen Atarimania but I found this too

http://www.8bitrocket.com/2008/05/04/atari-nerd-chronicles-mr-cool-peter-oliphant/

>>>Mr. Cool was a Q-Bert style game for the Atari 400/800 released in 1983 by Sierra On-Line(SierraVision). To be honest, even though I really enjoyed Mr. Cool back-in-the-day, I don't recall it being any kind of significant release. However, a few years ago I had the privilege to meet the author, a very significant figure in the history of classic games, Peter Oliphant under some semi-interesting circumstances. Here is the story.<<<

:)

• Like 1

Two years ago, best electronics sold them new for $20. I have one new, and I'm asking $40.

Yeah, that's probably noted on the website, Brad adds comments when he sees something sold on ebay for more than what he's selling them for.

Abracadabra and Ozzy's Orchard are selling cheap at Best Electronics, when sellers on ebay are asking for a bunch more...

FYI I don't really sell on eBay, I sell off my own site. I don't make a habit of buying from Brad and selling high on eBay. The only reason I'm asking $40 IS beacause he has been out for two years or so. I make it a point to have stuff that he, Bruce and lance do not have. I fill the gaps. For instance, all my 800xl's are socketed, I have 600xl's with 64k and monitor port, 1200xl's,48k 400's, Indus GT's with upgrade rom, 800xl's with ultimate 1mb/stereo, and so on. I'm the niche dude. :)

FYI I don't really sell on eBay, I sell off my own site. I don't make a habit of buying from Brad and selling high on eBay. The only reason I'm asking $40 IS beacause he has been out for two years or so. I make it a point to have stuff that he, Bruce and lance do not have. I fill the gaps. For instance, all my 800xl's are socketed, I have 600xl's with 64k and monitor port, 1200xl's,48k 400's, Indus GT's with upgrade rom, 800xl's with ultimate 1mb/stereo, and so on. I'm the niche dude. :)

No worries dude, I was referring to the ones who are currently selling Abracadabra and Ozzy's Orchard ;)