IGNORED

Atari Fist-Fighting All Stars

Cousin Vinnie

Great idea. A 7800 Smash Bros style brawler would be fun, even it were limited to two human players.

Up to jump (press up to two times for most characters), Down to crouch, left and right to move around. Left trigger is shield/defend and right trigger is attack. Or should right be shield/defend and left attack? Perhaps use option to decide since players can be right or left handed.

Using attack button gives you four signature moves. You have an upper, side, downward, and default attack. Shield/defend doubles as a grab button when you are next to an opponent or item. Grabbing an item or weapon picks it up to use. You can then use the attack button to use said item, or simultaneously press both fire buttons to drop the item.

Damage gauge does not K.O. opponent but increases their launch distance.

Totally doable with a joystick and two action buttons. Now we need to come up with a character roster and give each character custom stats, moves, and themed stages. :grin:

How about Jack Flack from the Cloak and Dagger movie? LoL.

Even though it was the 5200 and not the 7800 that was featured in the movie, the Atari name ruled it. It never was officially released on cart for the 5200 either...

Jack Flack is a classic character related to Atari none the less..

How about Jack Flack from the Cloak and Dagger movie? LoL.

Even though it was the 5200 and not the 7800 that was featured in the movie, the Atari name ruled it.

Classic character.

I wish I could find C&D somewhere available to stream. Not sure if I want to own it but would like to see it just to say I had seen it. I saw the Wizard in it's entirety on Netflix while it was still availabe; kinda glad I didn't buy it.

• Like 1

That would be cool.I imagine no homebrew of this caliber (if it were made) would be immune from trademark infringement, so why not go all out? :grin:

Yeah I know Custer is a big deal nowadays and they would be all over it. Such a perverse game will be known for millions of years to come.

Yeah I know Custer is a big deal nowadays and they would be all over it. Such a perverse game will be known for millions of years to come.

Custer could be a double secret unlockable character. Assuming the game has no save functionality without a HSC, he could be unlocked by entering the Konami Code (omit the start and select buttons which don't exist on a 7800 controller) or something similar through the player two joystick at the title screen. Said code also unlocks the Beat'em twins for double the fun... :love:

Got kids? Simply don't tell them about the code!

Makes me wonder if they made some kind of proto strictly for the movie. A8, 5200, whatever. Full motion gameplay footage running on a screen would have been hard to graphically fake in the early 80s.

Now I really want to watch the whole thing! :grin:

There was a coin up at the arcade.

And Atari was working on a 2600, 5200 , and 800, version but never saw the light of day .?

http://www.atarihq.com/5200/5200faq/02_06.html

Would of been a great game.

Edited by Stun Runner 87

Sticking with Atari universe characters (stretching to include some Atari Games characters), there's quite a roster you could come up with (this would work for filling out a proper Atari Karts roster as well):

Commander Champion (Star Raiders, Liberator, comic books)

Major Havoc

Torr & Tarra from Swordquest

Outlaw

I,Robot

Black Widow

Anyone of the dragons from Adventure

The robot/guy from Secret Quest

Louie from Scrapyard Dog

Ninja from Ninja Golf

Jimmy from Midnight Mutants

Yar w/ Zorlon Cannon & the Qotile w/ Homing Missile

Bentley Bear from Crystal Castles

The Witch from Triple Hunt/Crystal Castles

Oliver from Centipede

Charley Chuck from Food Fight

Alien guy from Alien Brigade

Hero from Dark Chambers

Grim Reapers from Dark Chambers

One of the punks from BasketBrawl

Paperboy

Redd Ace from Power Factor

Peter Pack Rat

Meebzork

Skylar

Tempest Claw

Rock & Ace from Xybots

Super Skweek

Trevor McFur

The diver from Aquaventure

The eyes from Haunted House

Mary from Save Mary

Kung Fu Lu from Off The Wall

Meebzork

The Mighty Wizard/Firebeast from the unreleased Firebeast

Any one of the Gauntlet warriors

THe Atari pinball machines have several characters you could use: Airborne Avenger, Time 2000, the man/woman characters seen on Space Riders and Middle Earth

There might be a couple I missed overall but I think that the Atari roster is decent without having to dip into outside 3rd party stuff :P

To go there however: Chuck Norris, ET, Pitfall Harry, the robot from Crystal Mines II, Electrocop, Todd from Slime World, Chip from Chip's Challenge, Iron Soldier, Jungle Hunt explorer guy, Taz, Robotron and many others as already mentioned. Of course, if you want to keep the assist character elements from Smash, that's where you could include a lot of these extras or use elements that wouldn't work above like a tank from Tank; Shark from Shark JAWS; a demon from Demons to Diamonds; Clowns from Circus Atari; Human Cannonball or Pong/Breakout paddles.

With the right vision, there's a lot you can do while many elements from the Atariverse would allow it to stand out from Nintendo's.