Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - May 19th 2016

team pixelboy news bulletin

116 replies to this topic

#101 evg2000 OFFLINE  

evg2000

Stargunner

• 1,285 posts

Posted Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:48 PM

Yeah, and with this simple calculation, I realized just how much in trouble I am: 1600 carts divided by 50 carts assembled per day = 32 days.

A full month of doing nothing but assembling and testing 50 cartridges per day, every day, week and week-end! If I didn't have a job, this wouldn't trouble me too much, but I do have a job now, so I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get this done. :P

these are budget releases right?  send the cart board and label and let people assemble the carts themselves!

#102 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,720 posts

Posted Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:20 PM

PS, someone should create the Team Pixelboy Manufacting game as your last one you ever release.
Catch the cart shells as they fly out of the mold, the labels from the printer, fold the boxes, print the manuals, burn the boards etc.
Like Tapper but with poor Luc in the middle and the stations on the outside.

Sounds more like Pressure Cooker to me... ;)

#103 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,720 posts

Posted Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:21 PM

these are budget releases right?  send the cart board and label and let people assemble the carts themselves!

LOL! Screwdriver not included! :lol:

#104 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 5,814 posts

Posted Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:08 PM

LOL! Screwdriver not included! :lol:

Please assemble mine, Luc. I am so anal about lining up the label on a cart shell that it usually takes me about an hour. :x

#105 jowrober OFFLINE  

jowrober

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:57 AM

Hello! Please put me down for 4:
1. Caverns of Titan
2. Frostbite
3. Kralizec Tetras
4. Yars Revenge

Standing by on how to pay preorder.
Thanks,
John

#106 Kiwi OFFLINE  

Kiwi

Stargunner

• 1,410 posts

Posted Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:32 PM

Nah, you can still pre-order them from me directly. Just send me an e-mail at pixelboy att teampixelboy dotty com with the list of budget games you want to pre-order. :)

Send pixelboy an email before June 25 and he'll work with you with preordering the games.

#107 jltursan OFFLINE  

jltursan

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Sat Jul 2, 2016 3:01 AM

Nice to be here!

Although not being very active lately (I'm mainly a lurker :woozy:), I can't let pass the oportunity to wish the best of luck to Oscar and his family and ask, if I'm still in time, if I can purchase the following titles:

- Shump!
- Danger tower
- Shouganai
- Frostbite

Of course, I'll also need the SGM, so any details about how to buy it would be great :)

Thanks Luc for this great initiative!

#108 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,720 posts

Posted Sat Jul 2, 2016 4:46 AM

Nice to be here!

Although not being very active lately (I'm mainly a lurker :woozy:), I can't let pass the oportunity to wish the best of luck to Oscar and his family and ask, if I'm still in time, if I can purchase the following titles:

- Shump!
- Danger tower
- Shouganai
- Frostbite

Of course, I'll also need the SGM, so any details about how to buy it would be great :)

Thanks Luc for this great initiative!

PM sent. :)

#109 Glimglam OFFLINE  

Glimglam

Space Invader

• 44 posts

Posted Sat Jul 2, 2016 2:42 PM

I dearly wanted to get at least a few of these when I first got that email back in May, but, my financial situation just wasn't there. Having only just now recently secured myself in that field, I take it I'm a bit late to the party now? Would've loved to snag one of each. Boo on my bad timing and finances then. Though I think I'd feel bad already adding on to that massive workload you must have on your hands by now, anyway. :lol:

Ah, well. Still just wanted to say that these games are all looking fantastic, and to wish all the best to Oscar and his family.

#110 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,720 posts

Posted Sat Jul 2, 2016 3:39 PM

I dearly wanted to get at least a few of these when I first got that email back in May, but, my financial situation just wasn't there. Having only just now recently secured myself in that field, I take it I'm a bit late to the party now? Would've loved to snag one of each. Boo on my bad timing and finances then. Though I think I'd feel bad already adding on to that massive workload you must have on your hands by now, anyway. :lol:

Ah, well. Still just wanted to say that these games are all looking fantastic, and to wish all the best to Oscar and his family.

Although I haven't openly said so up until now, I still accept pre-orders for all the budget games, and I will continue to do so until the print order has been officially submitted to the printer company that will print the boxes. :)

#111 Glimglam OFFLINE  

Glimglam

Space Invader

• 44 posts

Posted Sat Jul 2, 2016 4:12 PM

Although I haven't openly said so up until now, I still accept pre-orders for all the budget games, and I will continue to do so until the print order has been officially submitted to the printer company that will print the boxes. :)

Oh, that so? I know a 'deadline' was put down for June 25th, so I wasn't sure, haha.

In that case, put me down for one of each. :-D

#112 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,720 posts

Posted Sat Jul 2, 2016 7:41 PM

Oh, that so? I know a 'deadline' was put down for June 25th, so I wasn't sure, haha.

When I originally set that deadline, I was expecting to have all the box templates ready for the printer company by that date. But things didn't go quite as planned: I had a ton of e-mail to reply to (I really wasn't expecting to reach over 1600 pre-ordered games), lots of pre-orders to record and process, and I also got a little behind on beta-testing the games (although that part is progressing, thanks to my loyal collaborators). Throw a new job into the mix and you've got a recipe for being less than motivated to work on box templates, even if it's not technically hard work. So since I'm a little behind on schedule, I might as well let people continue to submit their pre-orders.

In that case, put me down for one of each. :-D

Send me an e-mail at pixelboy att teampixelboy dotty comm and we'll get the ball rolling from there. :)

#113 Glimglam OFFLINE  

Glimglam

Space Invader

• 44 posts

Posted Sat Jul 2, 2016 8:47 PM

Send me an e-mail at pixelboy att teampixelboy dotty comm and we'll get the ball rolling from there. :)

Great! Email sent. :)

#114 KAZ OFFLINE  

KAZ

Stargunner

• 1,393 posts

Posted Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:05 PM

I haven't seen a reply to this thread since July 2, 2016, I was wondering if there is an update about the health status of Oscar's wife and baby.

I hope it is appropriate to ask this, I am very interested to know how they are doing.

#115 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,720 posts

Posted Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:07 PM

I haven't seen a reply to this thread since July 2, 2016, I was wondering if there is an update about the health status of Oscar's wife and baby.

I hope it is appropriate to ask this, I am very interested to know how they are doing.

Our friend nanochess can answer your question himself if he so chooses, but I would just like to point out that there have been more recent Team Pixelboy News Bulletin threads started since May 2016.
  • KAZ likes this

#116 nanochess ONLINE  

nanochess

River Patroller

• 4,962 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:37 PM

My wife is currently waiting for a new tomography in a few days to check her head and probably later a new check in her lungs.

My daughter baby has grown healthy and she is going to have her first birthday in May/06. :)

Thanks for asking!

DSCN6166.jpg

#117 KAZ OFFLINE  

KAZ

Stargunner

• 1,393 posts

Posted Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:03 PM

That's good news, and thanks for sharing that nice pic. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: team pixelboy, news bulletin

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users