IGNORED

Anyone in the Chicago area check this place out.

stringfellow

We're really spoiled here in the Chicago area. Not only do we have the largest arcade in the world (Galloping Ghost,) but we also have a lot of arcades, as well as many of the original developers still in the area.

• Like 1

Personally, I'll pass. Looks like all they did was just borrow a dozen games from Galloping Ghost...wonder if the Satan's Hollow is a full cab or the cabaret style; I've never seen the full cabinet.

But in addition to that place, in the Chicago area we have:

-- at least seven beer-cades in the city of Chicago (one just a few blocks away from my apartment) of varying quality

-- Logan Hardware in the city -- a record store with a very small "arcade museum" in the back -- to gain entry, you need to buy something (even if nothing but 50-cent candy) from the record store. It's a tiny room so they only have about a dozen games or so that they rotate in and out. (They own one of the aforementioned beer-cades, which has a much fuller selection.)

-- Galloping Ghost in Brookfield, just a short drive from Midway Airport -- world's largest, with at least 522 games on the floor (including many unreleased prototypes)

-- Underground Retrocade in West Dundee (my personal favorite)

-- Pixel Blast in Lisle is opening soon, can't wait for that!

-- Star Worlds in DeKalb (that's quite a hike; I think 80 miles from the city)

-- Chicago Street Pinball Arcade in Joliet (mainly pinball but with a small but growing video game selection; haven't been there yet despite it being in my hometown)

So you have plenty of reasons to make a gaming trip here! We have a few stores for the home gamer, too, in the area.

• 2 weeks later...

Few stores in the area for the home gamer as well....any pointers on the best of those? I'm going to be in Naperville today and hope to have some time to venture about and check some places out.

There's always Disc Replay. If you can get up to Norridge, there's Videogames Then and Now. That's about all I am aware of off the top of my head.

Edited by Inky

Hey Daubar...

-- Chicago Street Pinball Arcade in Joliet (mainly pinball but with a small but growing video game selection; haven't been there yet despite it being in my hometown)

You get over there yet? I'm wanting to see a gamelist, Aurcade.com doesn't have an entry for it yet.

Hey Daubar...

You get over there yet? I'm wanting to see a gamelist, Aurcade.com doesn't have an entry for it yet.

Joliet is also my hometown, and I live 12 miles away, and I still haven't gotten there yet.

Hey Daubar...

I haven't been there either; usually when I'm in Joliet it's for a family thing, and my parents don't do pinball!

Anyway, here's a list of their pins:

http://pinballmap.com/chicago/?by_location_id=4724

Don't know about their veeja games though.