IGNORED

7800 video problem

Jones567

Hi I got a Atari 7800 system for a good price from a goodwill and got a power supply and hooked it up and I got no video or audio I took the system apart and checked the insides I started by cleaning the cart slot that did nothing so I started playing with the color and audio nobs and that did nothing the system doesn't play 7800 or 2600 games is there a way to fix it as the power led comes on and I do get a black screen

It sort of works on my copy of turmoil it will show a sort of rainbow scrolling thing on the screen and if you hold the pause button it makes noise other then that you can't play the game

Edited by Jones567

I had a 7800 once that had similar symptoms. It turns out, one of the chips had corrosion on 2 of it's little legs. They were socketed chips, so I didn't even notice the issue at first. I was able to wire up and solder a bypass, and the console worked great afterwards.

• Like 1

I had a 7800 once that had similar symptoms. It turns out, one of the chips had corrosion on 2 of it's little legs. They were socketed chips, so I didn't even notice the issue at first. I was able to wire up and solder a bypass, and the console worked great afterwards.

I only have 1 chip that's socketed what chip was is for you?

Wow... that's what I call 'cold solder-joint hell'. Although, it could still be other problems. I'd be happy to take a crack at repair it for you ) Feel free to send me a PM.

EDIT:

nvm, you already did :)

Edited by SwampFox56