IGNORED

Request: Basic grouped collections..

Mclaneinc

Hi folks,

Over the years in a what seem futile attempt to eliminate duplicate files I seem to have decimated my basic files that had data content, between that and selecting by type I've managed to lose 90% of what was loaded by some basic programs and am just left with the .bas.

Like all here I've sourced stuff from every where so its not so easy to reassemble what is missing so I'm wondering if people have been a lot more efficient than me and stored .bas stand alone and basic programs with additional content properly and would share the collection, failing that a pointer to a place that might have done it would be just as handy.

Thanks,

Paul...

Just a mini insta bump....

For those not confident with supplying a set then a link to a good supply would be appreciated, I own the Pool disks, Holmes disks and had a look on Pigwa earlier so I guess I'm in the right places but any other help would be ideal.

As said I striped all my zip files out and sorted the .bas files out leaving extra files lost for those that loaded data. Getting all the BAS files seemed a good idea at the time until I started to get missing file errors and realised too late what a chump I was. So need to start again and get it right this time.

DOH...

Paul...

Wow, bit stunned here?

Not even a suggestion?

Guys I wasn't asking you to supply your private own personal disks or retail stuff, just hoping if someone had a collection of the old bits that have been everywhere in a sorted way. I managed to unpack arc files and zips that had bas files and data and then deleted them in a fit of trying to organise before thinking what I was doing.

Sorry if offended any one but in a way its added to my point about the different approach between different computer groups.

I'll go find the stuff myself and piece it back together...

• Like 1

Wow, bit stunned here?

Not even a suggestion?

Guys I wasn't asking you to supply your private own personal disks or retail stuff, just hoping if someone had a collection of the old bits that have been everywhere in a sorted way. I managed to unpack arc files and zips that had bas files and data and then deleted them in a fit of trying to organise before thinking what I was doing.

Sorry if offended any one but in a way its added to my point about the different approach between different computer groups.

I'll go find the stuff myself and piece it back together...

I've definitely accumulated an insane amount of Atari software through the years from every nook and cranny I've managed to stumble across. I'm sure much of it is duplicated material, but it isn't like I'm giving up terabytes of space on a drive with the Atari archives I've built. I'm hitting my afternoon mental wall, though, so if you could give me a for-example, I'll be happy to have a look and see about zipping or rar'ing up what I have that might be helpful to you.

--Tim

Thank Timothy and Larry.

Hi Tim, anything arc file related normally is basic stuff, bas files themselves that hopefully are not orphaned from any data files that the may have had and any ATR BASIC stuff.

My problem was that I unpacked everything which seemed great in the wish to remove dupes BUT left me with masses of muddled data files that used to be inside zips or arc's with the basic files. It was one of those two in the morning really bright idea's that actually had the thought process of a complete idiot who was too tired to think.

Anything like that would be great, if you don't have time or its too large a job then don't worry, its meant to be a favour and not a job for life :)

Paul...

As an after thought, you may want to look at the Atarimania missing list posted yesterday and see if you have anything that could help their team in such a good cause..

On a side note @Atari frog, when are you going to do the download packs we talked about almost 4yrs ago rather than going through the site one by one :)

Edited by Mclaneinc

Thank Timothy and Larry.

Hi Tim, anything arc file related normally is basic stuff, bas files themselves that hopefully are not orphaned from any data files that the may have had and any ATR BASIC stuff.

My problem was that I unpacked everything which seemed great in the wish to remove dupes BUT left me with masses of muddled data files that used to be inside zips or arc's with the basic files. It was one of those two in the morning really bright idea's that actually had the thought process of a complete idiot who was too tired to think.

Anything like that would be great, if you don't have time or its too large a job then don't worry, its meant to be a favour and not a job for life :)

Paul...

As an after thought, you may want to look at the Atarimania missing list posted yesterday and see if you have anything that could help their team in such a good cause..

On a side note @Atari frog, when are you going to do the download packs we talked about almost 4yrs ago rather than going through the site one by one :)

I'm still on the clock for work, so I just grabbed up anything with an .arc or .zip extension and sent it up to my web server. Feel free to let me know if I need to look more closely (3-day weekend coming, thankfully!!)...

Hope some of this helps you out:

http://envisionocity.com/atariage/

--Tim

• Like 1

Have fun downloading these BAS collections:

http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-400-800-xl-xe-basic_devlanguage_2_8_G.html

http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/collections/Closer%20To%20Home%20Archive/Games2/BAS/

http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/collections/holmes%20cd/Holmes%202/ATR%20Basic%20Games/index.html

http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/collections/holmes%20cd/Holmes%202/Atari%20Archives/Games/Adventure/index.html

http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/collections/RK-DVD/Atari%20800%20Images%20und%20Files/Basic%20Spiele/

http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/collections/RK-DVD/Atari%20800%20Images%20und%20Files/Spielesammlungen/BASIC%20-%20Spielesammlungen/

and many more... => press "too much work" button <= ;-)

From time to time it would be helpful to have ZIP/7z/RAR/whatever collections with a) BAS programs, b) XEX programs, c) ATR images, d) ROM/CAR images, e) CAS images, etc. only. Just like the title here says "grouped collections"... ;-)

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 1