Painting a peb

PEB painting TI-99/4a

8 replies to this topic

#1 polyex OFFLINE  

polyex

Chopper Commander

• 195 posts

Posted Mon May 23, 2016 12:58 PM

Anyone ever paint a PEB to match the original colors? Know of a paint code? I was thinking of stripping and painting at the least the top, which on mine is pretty scratched and shabby. 

#2 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

Quadrunner

• 5,271 posts

Posted Mon May 23, 2016 3:31 PM

I've seen a few that were redone in black (or in black and silver), as well as a few that were painted to match the beige consoles. I've never seen anyone try to match the original color as part of a repainting though. . .

#3 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• 2,566 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Mon May 23, 2016 3:54 PM

i've seen one with Ferrari Red and silver.

#4 sometimes99er OFFLINE  

sometimes99er

River Patroller

• 4,225 posts

Posted Mon May 23, 2016 10:50 PM

mantadoc has done an professional job painting it beige. Even the Speech etc. got the job. And since I used to have one, I guess the monitor was originally silver-gray (and so was the buttons). New stickers. And is it a CF7+ inside the Speech ? Very cool.

http://atariage.com/...16#entry3412032

#5 RickyDean OFFLINE  

RickyDean

Stargunner

• 1,117 posts

Posted Tue May 24, 2016 12:03 PM

Anyone ever paint a PEB to match the original colors? Know of a paint code? I was thinking of stripping and painting at the least the top, which on mine is pretty scratched and shabby. 

If you go into a local NAPA or similar store, they can match paint pretty good. You should be able to get very close to the original gold and brown, but the sky's the limit.

#6 mr_gw454 OFFLINE  

mr_gw454

Star Raider

• 63 posts

Posted Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:51 PM

Hi everyone,

Resurrecting this older thread.

I have a PEB that has some stubborn stains that I can't seem to remove.  I'm wondering if anyone has successfully painted a PEB since the time of the last post.

There are some decent spray paints available and was hoping someone identified a good match for the factory colors.

Thanks!

#7 twoodland OFFLINE  

twoodland

Moonsweeper

• 265 posts

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:53 PM

Maybe this color? Satin Fossil

#8 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Hexacorerunner

• 13,924 posts

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:32 PM

Any good auto body repair shop has the equipment to color match damn near anything.  Take in the lid and see if they would be willing to mix you up a batch of paint, or even professionally paint it for you during a slow moment.  Most of the work is in the preparation, as in sanding, filling and cleaning.  You don't want to paint over scratches and dents.

#9 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

Quadrunner

• 5,271 posts

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:36 PM

I would probably go with the Satin Heirloom White.

Edited by Ksarul, Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:38 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users