on the A8:
- Apacview: converts GIF87a pics into Apac, separate Gr. 9, Gr. 11 and R,G,B format
- Jview: converts GIF87a pics into Gr.8, 9, 15 greyscale and into Gr.8, 9, 15 RGB/colour
- JPegview: converts JPG into Gr.8, 9, 15, HIP (greyscales)
- CPegview: converts JPG into CIN, RIP and TIP (colour)
and some more converters for IFF, Degas, TIF and other formats.
on the PC:
- G2F and Rasta converter are the most common nowadays, not sure if G2F does produce Apac format, Rasta conv. does not - but therefore G2F and Rasta conv. produce very colourfull pictures...
- JAG or just another gfx converts, errmm, several PC formats (BMP? JPG? GIF? PNG?) into a colourfull A8 format (Gr. 10+) http://atariage.com/...-2#entry3142350
- there is also FAIL or the newer version Recoil which can display various PC, ST, Amiga, Spectrum, C64, A8 and other formats but afaik does not save/convert... (atm it is only a gfx viewer afaik) http://recoil.sourceforge.net/
- there is also AIS, Atari Interlace Studio which can display some PC gfx formats in various A8 gfx formats and save/convert into A8 gfx formats like CIN, RIP and others: http://madteam.atari...o/uzytki/ais.7z
- TIP conv. 1.1 by EPI can convert BMP, JPG, PNG into HIP (greys) or TIP (colours)
- BGP creator, converts PC pics into Apac with 80x239 pixels resolution
...and I am quite sure there are many other PC programs which can convert BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, etc. into some A8 picture format. Since I already have thousands of A8 pictures, I do not use picture converters anymore. Think I will never have the time to view all these A8 pictures in my collection...
Edited by CharlieChaplin, Tue May 24, 2016 5:18 PM.