IGNORED

Nerm variations

Things went so well with the controls on my assembly based game, that I thought I'd backport one 'fix' to the original basic based Nerm.

I had a reasonable plan at first - just to support Altirra basic. But, I didn't have Altirra basic available at the moment that I had some time to work on it, so I backported to Atari basic.

It ran "OK", but then when I did get a chance to try it on Altirra, it is so laughably fast now that it's completely unplayable and I have to slow the machine down to 35% of it's original speed, and of course it messes all the sound up as well.

Well, this is a complete distraction from the real game, so not going to mess with it further....honestly having played this so much now, I don't really care about one option or the other, they both work the same for me.

All I can say - is in the assembly based Frake, the controls are silky smooth and I'm very happy. My attempt to show the difference in basic - meh - it's a different version of crapola, honestly.

original and changed version - recommend to use atari basic.

nerm.zip

Did I break something?

This version is not the full game - it is an experimental version - but I insist it is lag fixed.

This lag fixed version will go in Frake.

The colors are bad - this is just a demo of the concept, that's all.

The game will be going to ABBUC, so I can't release Frake early, per the rules, but it'll be released after that.

• Like 1