IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

I'm thinking more people will eventually purchase the FG99 than an EEPROM burner. Trying to avoid future confusion is why I'm posting the files here now. When they get one, they'll want a "one-stop-shopping" sort of thing. I'm thinking this will make it easier on the newbies that come on board later as well.

The FinalGROM will also load files that the FlashROM cannot, like multi-part example below.

Some UberGROM files will not work in the FinalGROM. For example, forget about getting the XB2.7s images to work, although separately it will run all the titles.

yes, and that are the reasons why there should be different threads for different hardware with different files, to differ the different difference

(the request to post Uber-files here too was ironically)

• Like 1

Really! Hmmm. As an experiment ordered two super-cheap "no name" 1GB MicroSD cards with adapters.

Both of them cost me a total of $3.78 delivered to my door... and they work.

1GB cards and 8GB cards use a (slightly) different protocol to communicate. The smaller SD cards use a byte-oriented addressing scheme. At 4GB (was it 4?) they become SDHC, which uses a sector-based address scheme. I've never coded for SDXC so I'm not sure what changed there, but that's after 32GB. ;)

• Like 1

FinalGROM negates the need for the suite

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

It doesn't provide one of the best features of the suite: the directory command when you press 1-9. But if you don't uses disks any longer with the FG99 that's not relevant, of course.

• Like 2

yes, and that are the reasons why there should be different threads for different hardware with different files, to differ the different difference

(the request to post Uber-files here too was ironically)

I would prefer everything in one place. One archive (links tend to break over time). Preferably online. A database behind a nice interface. Trouble is, it takes time to categorize everything. And it should be maintained. Gamebase is one example. Think of it, screen shots alone can be a pain once you've done a few hundreds of them.

We could make a simple model and slowly expand from there. Some would program or adjust software, many put in new chunks of data and maintain the data, some take care of backup etc.

:|

• Like 1

You make some very good points...

Yes, links do tend to break over time, and sometimes newer versions of files can be uploaded. When newer files are added to the thread, I can adjust the linked index in message #1 to reflect the changes... provided someone let's me know.

So far this simple model appears to be working, I just noticed it's had over 44,980 views and it's not even a year old yet. :-o It started slowly with a few files, then exploded when everyone started adding files big-time. I think Schmitzi has also been collecting things in the event of a major catastrophe.

While this method is not perfect, I enjoy the interactive user participation aspects. ANYONE can upload a file whenever they like, and include photos, documentation, keyboard strips or whatever they want. People can talk about the programs, enjoy the laid back banter, or if they prefer just use the index for what they want.

It doesn't provide one of the best features of the suite: the directory command when you press 1-9. But if you don't uses disks any longer with the FG99 that's not relevant, of course.

True dat!

I didn't notice how much I had gotten used to that handy little stroke of brilliance until I had to do a directory search the other day with another cartridge inserted.

Although I always have a utility disk in DSK2 that includes a little basic cat proggie, it is a pain to have to exit to basic, load it, run it and then hit the drive letter, when one has become used to simply hitting the number from the 2.7 menu. It is the main reason for continuing to use the 2.7 cart instead of the stock TI XB cart (I mean besides having XB and EA on the same cart, which I guess we'll soon have in FinalGrom99.

To be fair of course (before someone reminds me of the omission) RXB also had both RXB and EA on the same cart as well)

• Like 1

Can someone here tell me where I can find the specs on the FinalGROM 99? It would be nice to know if it could replace my old 80K MG GramKracker in the event it ever fails. I hope never, as it is the heart of my F18A TI Console with NanoPEB v1.

Easy Bug & Mini Memory (Does NOT require memory expansion)

Wow, there's a lot going on here ... It seems you're mixing FR99 and FG99 ... Shouldn't you at least note whether an image is for the FR99 or the FG99?

But why I'm posting: I noticed that the ZIP for the MiniMemory misses the configuration file to turn RAM on. Without this, you won't be able to load LBLA (but it might have been included in the dump).

Just create a file phm3058G.CFG and put the letter "R" in there, nothing more. This will turn >7000->7FFF in all banks into RAM, which is separately switched.

• Like 3

It seems you're mixing FR99 and FG99 ... Shouldn't you at least note whether an image is for the FR99 or the FG99?

Yes, they are in the same directory, but at the bottom isolated from the FR99 files. I've since put a line separating the sections and included a notice and even made the description larger.

I don't envision FG99 only files becoming as plentiful as FR99 files, and since the FG99 will run all FR99 files, I figured it was best to use the same thread.

Now before I upload any more files, would you like me to rename them with an "FG-" prefix too?

I noticed that the ZIP for the MiniMemory misses the configuration file to turn RAM on. Without this, you won't be able to load LBLA (but it might have been included in the dump).

Just create a file phm3058G.CFG and put the letter "R" in there, nothing more. This will turn >7000->7FFF in all banks into RAM, which is separately switched.

Thanks for that information. I'll fix that later today when I have time, remove the old file, and replace it with an updated one.

Ah, I hadn't looked at the front page, so I guess that's fine.

I think it's debatable if it makes sense to collect FG99 images here, as basically all cartridge dumps should work as-is (Minimem the only exception to the rule). It probably would make more sense to keep track of images that don't work (there are a few). This was different for the FR99, where some images needed special adaption.

But I don't want to disrupt your great work here. If, however, you don't insist on downloads of individual games, you could keep the frontpage with a single link to a ZIP of all images and put that on WHTech.

A zip of the files makes sense, and a lot less work. I did find a couple of files so-far that will not work, and I'll be sending those your way in a few weeks when I've poured through more of the files. One of the ones I went to check was called HIDE (no clue what it is), anyway I think it was one of those auto-starting files that was recently mentioned. All it did was make a mess of the screen though.

The ones I'll be posting over the next couple of weeks, (as time allows), are ones that I think people will want immediately, or that will get the most use, and of course all the posted files will be confirmed to work. While this all takes time, by the time the FG99 is released there should be a fair number of files for people to immediately use.

And please keep in mind, if you have ONE cheap syntax-typo in post #1, your game is absolutely OVER !!

My TI-99 Lists & PDF-thread waits about 10 month now for a restore (!). It is no more editable since then.

That´s the reason why there are no updates for this long time...

And with its 15.000+ views/clicks it is not the smallest here. I think in the Top 20 or so.

If this is due to no or non-working backups, OMG. The knowledgebase we are working on here

maybe vanishes in one single night, including this great community, side-by-side.

This one: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223079-strips-reference-cards-manuals-labels-and-more-hq/

NO, sorry, this one !!: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/241978-ti-994a-resources-lists-lists-and-some-lists/

:(

Edited by schmitzi

Schmitzi,

The thread you linked to above is not pinned, but there *IS* an index to things in that thread, among others << HERE >>.

Since the FR99 came out there has not been much in the way of need for individual cartridge labels, so updates have been few and far between now. I really would like to see new manuals, strips for new games and other 3D printed stuff come out. But for the most part no one is adding to the thread anymore.

• Like 1

aaah I linked the wrong thread !!! me idiot :) I´ll correct it. Sorry Omega

Yes, all your blogs and "post#1-threads" are really great, Omega.

Very clear and well ordered/sorted.... and appreciated so much (!)

What I meant is to take care of them, as my one (the corrected link) "has gone" 10 months ago.

by just one accidential typo / mouse-click

When I press "Edit" on my post #1 there, I just get this screen (see attached) :(

This is pure HORROR

post-41141-0-55553700-1491548637_thumb.jpg

Schmitzi,

Atari Age pretty much uses Microsoft Word formatting. Maybe we should both copy and paste some of our major stuff and then save the files 'just in case'. Besides saving it in WORD format for easy editing later, you can also save it as a PDF file with all links active. See the attached example below.

EXAMPLE.pdf

• Like 1

yes, I did that before with some of the (for me!) most important threads, going through each page,

but this is a massive job, also to keep it up to date.

I also tried to make a complete bacckup (what I did on the yahoo-groups too),

but AA is not to be saved. Maybe because it is a database, in the backgrond.

By chance, does anybody now a tool to save the "whole" server ?

I think, some "special" software is needed..