IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Oh, I meant that if you go here

http://fbforth.stewkitt.com/index.php?id=cartridge-binaries

Or in his dev thread post #1, you can get the download with 'binpack' which is a set of scripts and instructions on cat/copying the 4 banks together in the right order for various cartridge boards.

In this case, you just need 32k noninverted. Check it out! Lee put in the effort to make this super easy.

-M@

• Like 2

It would still be nice to have a newer version for those less technically inclined or time deprived to easily access. In most cases a person coming across something or wanting to try it for THE FIRST TIME is not going to bother going through 50 steps just check it out, which makes more difficult to grow the user base.

• Like 2

It would still be nice to have a newer version for those less technically inclined or time deprived to easily access. In most cases a person coming across something or wanting to try it for THE FIRST TIME is not going to bother going through 50 steps just check it out, which makes more difficult to grow the user base.

??????

...lee

• Like 1

Having never looked at the instructions before, and having no experience at all with Forth, I downloaded the zip file for making a cartridge file, looked at the readme file inside the zip and it seems like a 1 step process. Maybe 2 if you say "run the command" and "burn the ROM". It didn't seem real difficult to me. I suspect a user who has the equipment to burn their own cartridge images (I don't) would not find the task to difficult given the information provided.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

Maybe I'm missing the point. If I wanted to dabble with Forth, but I wasn't sure it was my thing, I'd download the already-to-go cartridge image for Classic99 or MAME, play with it there, and then if I felt like I wanted to use it on real gear, and had the necessary tools, I'd then perhaps burn a cartridge. But again, I just got it up and running in MAME by copying the .rpk file into the carts directory I use for MAME and it loaded just fine.

If it were me, I'd rather download a ready-to-run image, slide it over to the FinalGROM, then slap it in the real deal and go from there. Considering the size of TI files, the whole process would not take more than 60 seconds from download to FinalGROM. I may be missing something here, but this is the FR99 & FG99 thread, so I've been running on the assumption that is what Sinphaltimus wanted for his buddy.

• Like 2

if this has been asked or discussed like a million times, i apologize in advance (again), lol.

as an example, Marc Hull was kind enough to provide us the .dsk files for Mad Marvin and Tex Turbo- is there a way that these can be converted to .bin files for use on the FG99?

I think there's something to do with 'EA5'- i was looking at the disk images in TI99Dir but it's all Greek to me :)

if this has been asked or discussed like a million times, i apologize in advance (again), lol.

as an example, Marc Hull was kind enough to provide us the .dsk files for Mad Marvin and Tex Turbo- is there a way that these can be converted to .bin files for use on the FG99?

I think there's something to do with 'EA5'- i was looking at the disk images in TI99Dir but it's all Greek to me :)

I've converted them to FlashROM99/FinalGROM99 32k Rom loader images... I sent them to Marc in a PM, for his blessing before I post them...

-M@

• Like 2

I've converted them to FlashROM99/FinalGROM99 32k Rom loader images... I sent them to Marc in a PM, for his blessing before I post them...

-M@

awesome! thanks for asking Marc just to make sure so we're all on the up and up :)

would you be able to point me towards some online resources on how to do the conversions myself for other titles?

I thought I posted the vieo here but I searched and searc

awesome! thanks for asking Marc just to make sure so we're all on the up and up :)

would you be able to point me towards some online resources on how to do the conversions myself for other titles?

I thought I posted the video here but I searched and searched and cannot find it, so I'm uploading to youtube from my super slow internet conenction - should be available within 30 minutes.

• Like 3

-M@

Mad Marvin's Great Escape, by Marc Hull: MADMARVIN8.BIN ( requires memory expansion )

Tex Turbo and the Big Bug Battles, by Marc Hull: ( requires memory expansion )

-M@

Edit Tex Turbo was missing a few bytes... Try the file a few posts down...

• Like 5

i've been playing Mad Marvin before I go into the office. That game is flippin' great! I'll post a score later.

I am having an issues with Tex Turbo, tho- i copied the .bin to my FG99, then loaded up on my TI (which has 32k). It plays a long 'tone' on the title screen and when i start the level, it freezes.

could someone replicate this issue and confirm?

i've been playing Mad Marvin before I go into the office. That game is flippin' great! I'll post a score later.

I am having an issues with Tex Turbo, tho- i copied the .bin to my FG99, then loaded up on my TI (which has 32k). It plays a long 'tone' on the title screen and when i start the level, it freezes.

could someone replicate this issue and confirm?

I like to test all the programs before I list them in the thread...

I loaded up Tex Turbo, I do not get the long tone, but I cannot get past the screen where it gives you the UP or FIRE options. Does this game require joystick two? If not, I'm having issues as well. I'll be back after 6pm today so maybe we'll have it all figured out and corrected so I can add this conversion to the list.

Are these the full release versions??

converted from the PROGRAM image file in the DSK files here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/254320-new-game-announcement-tex-turbo-and-the-big-bug-battles/?p=3913698

and here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/254320-new-game-announcement-tex-turbo-and-the-big-bug-battles/?p=3913695

I thought I tested both of these before I sent them... but I must have tested Marvin twice or something...

Here is a better TEX TURBO: TEXTURBO8.BIN ( still requires expansion ram )

And yes, it seems to like joystick 2.

-M@

• Like 3