IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Are you using a FinalGROM99?

I just tried Tutankham and Angler Dangler using the archive at http://ftp.whtech.com/Cartridges/FinalGROM99/and they work fine.

Ok it appears Tutankham doesn't like 32K memory expansions (CF7 or the PEB). It works fine without it.

Angler Dangler works now. Must have been the rom I was using.

Any idea why Tutankham and Mission X have double entries? They both seem to work, but it's annoying.

Double entries are likely cause by your having the same rom with different filenames in the same directory.

Tutankham works fine here with 32K (I also have a nanoPEB).

I went through several of the WHTech roms today/tonight and while I was going to report several not working, they just seems a tad finicky, and after running a couple "cartridges", resetting a couple times, then going back to a non-working cart, it would suddenly (and repeatedly) start to work.

Of all the ones I have installed so far the only one that simply refuses to load is Card Sharp.

Gotta say though, having access to RXB and XB was wonderful. That and being able to run a couple programs I've never seen on a real 4A (The Ludwig Von Drake Disney Education Game, Verb Viper and Germ Patrol immediately come to mind) has made my first FG99 week-end very enjoyable.

Full disclosure, I did pause to watch the new King Arthur movie but wish I would have just kept fiddling with my TI (two hours of my life I'll never get back! ATTN: Guy Ritchie, stay away from period fantasy epics - you suck at them!) Looked pretty though,.

Tutankham works fine here with 32K (I also have a nanoPEB).

I tried it with my CF7+ (get a scrambled screen) and my PEB with 32K card (get the Number of Players? screen but then it's scrambled after that). It only worked for me without the 32K expansion plugged in. Can anyone try this?

Incidentally, where did that Tutankham rom come from? I thought the guy who owned the proto (the programmer) wouldn't release the rom and wouldn't let the buyer (for $7000 IIRC) release it either. Did something change?

BTW Card Sharp works fine for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the boards are getting out there and in use, is it possible to start a list of SDHC cards that have caused problems (or a list of ones that work) and any hardware combinations that may cause a particular game problems.

The on board system is now into Vn 1.1, notably adding a tiny delay to the initialisation for SDHC cards that don't quite make it.

I am putting together a lot of short text files for the AID (FCTN 7) function indicating for example whether a joystick os optional or required, and what keys to use, but there are quite a lot of module images that never seemed to have documentation. Shall I put what I have into a zip and put it here for everyone?? At least it is a start. Note that any variation in the bin names will need to be reflected in adjusted text file names.

• Like 2

...is it possible to start a list of SDHC cards that have caused problems (or a list of ones that work) and any hardware combinations that may cause a particular game problems.

...I am putting together a lot of short text files for the AID (FCTN 7) function indicating for example whether a joystick os optional or required, and what keys to use, but there are quite a lot of module images that never seemed to have documentation. Shall I put what I have into a zip and put it here for everyone??

Sure, please feel free to make a list of cards that don't make the cut. When you do, I'll link to it from message #1. If you need to update it later, you can always ask Albert for permanent edit status to that one post so you can keep it updated.

AID text files sound like a great endeavour, one what's not been filled by anyone yet. Go for it! I'll link to that post too!

Sure, please feel free to make a list of cards that don't make the cut. When you do, I'll link to it from message #1. If you need to update it later, you can always ask Albert for permanent edit status to that one post so you can keep it updated.

AID text files sound like a great endeavour, one what's not been filled by anyone yet. Go for it! I'll link to that post too!

I'll target middle of next week for a first effort for a collection of AID files, watch for it.

• Like 2

It is in the whtech zip file as PHM3146 with C and G files.

Sorry I'm not seeing it. I searched on the first page of this thread for "whtech" and while I got some hits there was none explicitly called whtech.zip. I went to the whtech FTP site and downloaded 2 zip files but those files you mentioned were not in either zip.

Sorry I'm not seeing it. I searched on the first page of this thread for "whtech" and while I got some hits there was none explicitly called whtech.zip. I went to the whtech FTP site and downloaded 2 zip files but those files you mentioned were not in either zip.

Go to http://ftp.whtech.com/Cartridges/FinalGROM99/

(you can click that link. The word between .com and .FinalGROM99 is /Cartridges)

That isn't an error, it is a http address and the server name is ftp.

Now download the zip file called FinalGROM99.zip

dated 2017-07-11 14:18

size 4.9M

This zip contains images for FinalGROM 99- lots of them!

Unpack the zip and now look in the folder called GAMES.

Copy the files PHM3146C and PHM3146G to your SDHC card to insert into your FinalGROM 99 module.

regards

Stephen

• Like 5

FINAL GROM 99 AID FILES

OK- to start the ball rolling, here is a zip with a lot of short text files to place on your FG99 SDHC card. You will need to unpack the zip file and then match the txt files with module bin files with the same name and have matching files in the same folder. You will probably have set up different folders to me- I split my games into 4 folders for convenience..

Note that if your bin files have differing names you will need to change the txt files to match.

I have concentrated on short notes for as many games bins as I could- and was disappointed to find many where I could not locate any docs at all. And I learned how to play a few games (we never RTM do we!).

When you have a list of modules to select from on your TI screen, press FCTN 7 and a query (?) will appear at bottom right. Now press the letter for the module you are interested in (A B C D E etc). If there is no text file you will be shown the menu again. If there is a txt file it will be displayed. To exit back to the module list, press key Q.

There are a few none-game txt files, but it is not possible to fit a 300 page manual in 100 or so 32 character wide lines.

Feel free to write your own files - or let me know where I can locate docs for the games I've missed.

Enjoy. Stephen

aidtextfg99.zip

• Like 11

FWIW

The Picture Maker selection in Desktop Publisher does not work. I think it has something to do with bank switching? I know when I tried copying my DTP cart with my Gram Kracker I had the same result. It would be kinda neat if someone could fix it.

Try the cartridge in this post and let me know if it works for you.

I've been incredibly busy lately so I'm sure I've missed some incredible new BIN's by people here. If you've posted any new goodies in the past month or so, could you please send me a link to the thread/message so I can link it here? It'll make it easier for people in the future to find your work once the threads work their way down.

Thanks,

Ω

Another FWIW

TI Workshop does not work either, other than to bring up the menu. Might be bank switch issues?

Are you using this file? http://atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=415965 it needs to be un-inverted for use with flashrom/finalgrom

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am using the file that is in the zip from the wht site.

I must admit that I accepted images as soon as they started and reacted to input. I often didn't even know what a program was supposed to do, especially for tools and applications.

If there are updates with better versions, just post them here and I'll pick them up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

im a late-adopter, but i ordered an FG99 this week as an early-bday present. can't wait!

You may find your TI'ing habits changing after plugging this into your cartridge port.

1 Using the disk drive less and less and possibly the entire P-Box too!

2 Enjoying the blindingly fast load times

3 Going manic over the quantity of stuff you can stick in the thing

4 Not having to swap cartridges all the time.

5 Enjoying that helpful built-in reset button (if you do not already have a modded TI).

6 Spending less on individual cartridges or shells or boards and chips.

• Like 2

Hi,

I bought my FG99 in Rome, at the Euro Treffen 2017 directly from Ralph (hi!). As Omega says, it opens really a new way of using the real TI, it's wonderful.

I had minor troubles in starting-up:

1) I am using a 512M Trascend SD card. For the first few attempts I formatted as FAT16 using my Mac (I guess it's not the best choice for dealing with FAT stuff, but it's currently my only modern PC) and it was not recognized. But then I tried with FAT32 and it worked.

2) When turning on the TI, a reset was needed for the SD to be not recognized. Then I discovered the firmware update 1.1, and installing it solved the issue

3) the hardest troubles: putting the FG inside the 3D-printed case :-)

Anyway, now it works really well and I am enjoying a greatest collection of cartriges on my real TI.

After this brief introduction, one question. I have noticed that MBX carts (in the "starter pack") need the 32K. However I am sure that my MeteorBelt original cartridge (now unfortunately defunct) did not require it. Why this difference? I can think of two reasons for this:

1. the MBX carts in the "starter pack" have been converted from a version of the programs that required the 32K. If this is the case, the reason is that the dump of original carts are not available?
  2. hardware-wise, the MBX carts are different from other types of carts, and the FG99 cannot emulate them without the 32K

Is one of my hypothesis right? Or are there other reasons?

regards!