IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Interesting, thanks. The cartridge has a 16K ROM (the two banks for the 6000 area) and a 32K ROM for the GROM emulation, and obviously the existing superxb dump is "overdumped" because it is 40K long. In fact, in this dump, the data at offset 0x4000-0x5fff are equal to the ones at 0x8000-0x9fff.

Michael, one note: Triton SEB uses all 8K of each potential GROM space, so a 40K GROM file would be correct. It used emulated GROMs, not the original TI XB GROMs, packing the extra SEB routines into the extra 2K per chip gained with the GROM emulation.

• Like 2

Thanks for uploading the SXBs, mizapf and blackbox! Unfortunately neither works in classic99, but that's ok since it sounds like they work in their respective emulators. At least now we have digital copies which can hopefully be tweaked to work with the FG.

Michael, one note: Triton SEB uses all 8K of each potential GROM space, so a 40K GROM file would be correct. It used emulated GROMs, not the original TI XB GROMs, packing the extra SEB routines into the extra 2K per chip gained with the GROM emulation.

Ehm ... my point is the 27256 chip on the board.

You'd have to check with shift838 or InsaneMultitasker. i thought they released it already will have to search the forums. i have a copy for FR99 that I've used to help them test. Don't want to arbitrarily give that away myself.

EDIT: Oh, here it is, I just had to scroll down.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/259886-timxt-with-nanopeb-version-1/?p=3689694

Edited by Sinphaltimus

You'd have to check with shift838 or InsaneMultitasker. i thought they released it already will have to search the forums. i have a copy for FR99 that I've used to help them test. Don't want to arbitrarily give that away myself.

EDIT: Oh, here it is, I just had to scroll down.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/259886-timxt-with-nanopeb-version-1/?p=3689694

Also this version also works with the stock TI-RS232 as well.

Also, all the programming credit goes to Insane Multitasker. I was just one for testers and a nagger in his ear that we needed this..

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 1

Oh yeah, sorry I've been having memory issues lately... I've not used it in a while, but yes now I remember WHY this was not added to the FR99/FG99 list, it's because it's not a yet completed program. Last I heard Tim was still tweaking with speed, downloads and other items. So any update would have to be continually updated every time there is a new version. I think there was also some discussion about making the menus save data for settings and call information.

Even though it's not yet finished, it's still THE BEST comm program for the TI IMHO! Now that we have the FG99 this program is ripe for completion. Depending on how he goes about it, size limitations may no longer be a issue as segments can be modular in nature and only used as needed.

• Like 1

More info on Triton Super Extended Basic which may assist getting it into FG99:

Triton used "emulated" groms. I have looked at the working dump files and the segment headers are for two emulated ROM chips and 4 emulated GROM chips. The GROM "file" headers are for GROM 4,5,6 and 7 (eg >04,05,06.07) -possibly this may help someone move the dump onto the FG99?

I don't know why Triton chose those GROM numbers and - presumably- used appropriate addressing for those grom numbers.

Stephen

Question:

I know we have the Atarisoft cart, but are Slime and Robotron 2048 also available as stand alone ROM files?? (I guess I could search myself if I could only overcome my painstakingly cultivated laziness)

Since we now have this elegant directory tree structure available to us, I'm trying to avoid using multicarts of any kind on the FG99 (although I guess technically the FG99 IS is the mother of all multicarts isn't it?!).

I already had all the other Atari roms, just missing the two late additions.(Maybe someday we'll add Joust and Stargate to the bunch!)

Answer:

Nevermind, just downloaded the WHTech collection, and they're there (along with virtually anything else anyone might want)

PHM # filenames might take a few minutes to look up the program names, but with 492 files it is definitely the fastest way to fill a FG99!

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 1

Interesting, thanks. The cartridge has a 16K ROM (the two banks for the 6000 area) and a 32K ROM for the GROM emulation, and obviously the existing superxb dump is "overdumped" because it is 40K long. In fact, in this dump, the data at offset 0x4000-0x5fff are equal to the ones at 0x8000-0x9fff.

here the Eproms

post-25642-0-13299800-1501018836_thumb.jpg

post-25642-0-76163000-1501018848_thumb.jpg

SXB_27C128.bin

SXB_27256_Grom.bin

Edited by Flottmann1
  • Like 5

I just tried Tutankham and Angler Dangler and neither worked for me. Any idea why?

Assuming you tried on a FinalGrom99 and not a FlashRom99 (I think we have to start specifying - for a couple months anyway, until we're all using the newer device):

Both games require 32K expansion. Do you have that?

Did you download the FlashRom99 or the FinalGrom99 versions?

Did you include both the C (8K) and G files?

I haven't tried Angler Dangler (thanks for reminding me - good game) but the Tutankham that is included with the Parker Bros collection I posted a couple days ago (see first message in this thread) works fine.

I've found a few of the ROMs in the WHTech collection don't work, so it might just be that.

Edited by PeBo

Yes I have the 32K expansion (CF7+) and I think other 32K games worked (Arcturus for one).

Angler Dangler sorta worked. It sounded like it was playing in the background, but the graphics were just all random garbage. Tutankham just crashed during loading.

The roms I was using were from the WHTech collection so maybe that is it. I'll try the ones listed in this thread instead.

Yes I have the 32K expansion (CF7+) and I think other 32K games worked (Arcturus for one).

Angler Dangler sorta worked. It sounded like it was playing in the background, but the graphics were just all random garbage. Tutankham just crashed during loading.

The roms I was using were from the WHTech collection so maybe that is it. I'll try the ones listed in this thread instead.

I've found that the finalgrom is much more sensitive to dirty/worn cartridge ports than other carts.. you may be in the same boat as one of my consoles that does weeeieiiirrddd things with the finalgrom99 but my other consoles work fine..

Greg

I found a couple carts that had a C before the extension when they should have had a G (easy to tell which it should be by the file size) that were experiencing the garbled display. Also, make sure there is not a dot (period) before the C or G. That screwed me up on a couple.

I don't think any of the WHTech's are actually bad, but a couple did require file name corrections to work.

And as Greg has correctly pointed out, sometimes hitting the reset button and loading the game from the TI menu fixes troublesome proggies.

Edited by PeBo

Well if anyone can try the games in the WHTech zip file and see which are good and which need fixing I'd appreciate it. I'll post one that don't work as I go through them.

Are you using a FinalGROM99?

I just tried Tutankham and Angler Dangler using the archive at http://ftp.whtech.com/Cartridges/FinalGROM99/and they work fine.