IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

converted from the PROGRAM image file in the DSK files here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/254320-new-game-announcement-tex-turbo-and-the-big-bug-battles/?p=3913698

and here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/254320-new-game-announcement-tex-turbo-and-the-big-bug-battles/?p=3913695

I thought I tested both of these before I sent them... but I must have tested Marvin twice or something...

Here is a better TEX TURBO: attachicon.gifTEXTURBO8.BIN ( still requires expansion ram )

And yes, it seems to like joystick 2.

-M@

I was able to successfully play Tex Turbo on my TI this morning. Soooo sweeeeeet

• Like 3

A search doesn't find this, so here is confirmation that the MBX ironware works perfectly with the FG99, using the BIN files which require the 32k ram. The MBX joystick and MBX unit speech - no problem, perfect.

The only difficulty I had was the Championship Baseball (the existing dump appears to be incomplete- the module used the MBX bank switching). This Baseball module was not in message 110 in this thread, whereas the other (working!) dumps are, and require 32k ram.

Perhaps I am a better game player these days but it seems that I am getting higher scores with games using FG99 than with the old authentic modules. Could there be a tiny difference in responsiveness?

Stephen

• Like 1

A search doesn't find this, so here is confirmation that the MBX ironware works perfectly with the FG99, using the BIN files which require the 32k ram. The MBX joystick and MBX unit speech - no problem, perfect.

The only difficulty I had was the Championship Baseball (the existing dump appears to be incomplete- the module used the MBX bank switching). This Baseball module was not in message 110 in this thread, whereas the other (working!) dumps are, and require 32k ram.

Perhaps I am a better game player these days but it seems that I am getting higher scores with games using FG99 than with the old authentic modules. Could there be a tiny difference in responsiveness?

Stephen

i will noticed something odd when I was playing Bigfoot (it's a darn fun game)- it started out with speech, but the speech cut out through subsequent playthroughs.

I tested speech with Parsec and Alpiner, and I tested with my Bigfoot cart and it has speech as well.

Maybe something funny with the ROM on the FG99- or is it just a fluke i wonder?

Silly question, with the uber grom, flash grom, flash rom and other multi carts floating around here I've succeeded in confusing myself. The Final GROM 99 SD memory is supposed to be formatted "FAT 32" correct?

Correct it just supports subdirectories unlike the previous flashrom

• Like 1

Thanks explains why it locks up my 9918a ti

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Greg, could I get a description on the above programs minus the DSK2PC program to add to the menu in message #1.

Thanks.

Also on the DSK2PC program what is the difference between the new one and DSK2PCV12-8.BIN? If it's a new one with extra functions I'll remove the old one from the list.

Also is the UBERHDX32kb8.bin for the Ubercart or the FR99/FG99?

Greg, could I get a description on the above programs minus the DSK2PC program to add to the menu in message #1.

Thanks.

Also on the DSK2PC program what is the difference between the new one and DSK2PCV12-8.BIN? If it's a new one with extra functions I'll remove the old one from the list.

Also is the UBERHDX32kb8.bin for the Ubercart or the FR99/FG99?

CfHdx is yet another file manager for the TI99/4a home computer
to be used with a CF7A+ or nanoPEB compact flash adapter
as designed by Jaime Malilong. also works with the ti/corcomp rs232 cards..
UberHdx is yet another file manager for the TI99/4A home computer
to be used with a UBERGrom as designed by Tursi, Fetzner, Guidry,

Connor, Hagarty. works the same as cfhdxs but with the ubergrom's uart

Download Dsk2Pc version 2.1 now

zip_dsk_ico.gif as zipped disk-image (ZIP)

UgDsk2Pc is the UBERGrom version of Dsk2Pc.

NpDsk2Pc is the nanoPeb version of Dsk2Pc.

Dsk2Pc is a program for the TI99/4a and UberGrom module or or TI99/4a and nanoPeb device or TI99/4a or Myarc 9640 home computer equiped with an HDX- interface. Dsk2pc makes it possible to copy entire floppy-disk images to a PC and to create a floppy-disk from an image stored on a PC.

Dsk2Pc from version 2.1 is aware that a nanoPeb or CF7a+ device is attached to the TI99/4a computer. Another volume can be mounted to be used for DSK1, DSK2 or DSK3 and when formatted a fixed number of 1600 sectors is used. When uploading or downloading disk images the volume number for the DSK device used is incremented automatically. Note that it is NOT necessary to first format and initalize a volume before downloading a disk image from your PC. The disk image already contains the volume information at sector 0. Also note that when downloading disk images smaller then 1600 sectors the volume in use will inherrent this disk size (and format). Using TI99Dir for transferring disk images to and from your nanoPeb or CF7a+ compact flash card is a better option. It is up to you.

If Dsk2pc is used with a Myarc 9640 home computer a rompage is executed automatically when Dsk2Pc is started.

• Like 1

Hi Greg,

I know CFHDX is the compact flash version for the NanoPEB, but what confuses me is the P & S versions. The letters are not consecutive, and I've been too busy lately to test everything that shows up. In message #986 you list both, so in the description I'd like to list the the differences, all I know at this point is one is CFHDXP32k8,bin and the other is CFHDXS32k8.bin what is the difference?

I think some of my confusion is that you listed the UberGROM programs in the FG99&FR99 thread. I can link to them from the other thread, but it may also end up confusing some people down the line.

It's excellent that you converted them to cartridge format! I'll be home later today and hopefully I'll get this all squared away then.

Anyone experiencing some speech synthesizer wierdness with the FlashRom99? When I play Alpiner, the player's dialogue is all garbled. I didn't notice issues with other speech programs (Parsec, Bigfoot).

The Alpiner conversion (source) has voice issues.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/253095-flashrom-99-finalgrom-99-image-repository-1112018/?view=findpost&p=3533356

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I’m looking for .bin image file for the Demonstration cartridge for my FlashRom 99 but cannot find it anywhere. Am I just missing it? Thanks for any help.

Tim

Try this.

OH, and remember the FlashROM99 does not support GROMs, only the FinalGROM99 does.

Demonstration (1979)(Texas Instruments)PHM 3001.zip

• Like 1