IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Some one asked for PARSEC, so here it is...

Oh, nice, and the same process worked for TOD. Or at least the hacked up disk based loader of TOD that I have...

Fantastic, those were the next two I was going to poke around at! :D

In regards to the dragon pixel corruption on the title screen, the only other EA5 version I have seen also has similar corruption. I'm assuming that's the only bit of the game that was affected in conversion.

I have to admit, I didn't try this image and the keyboard. I'll check it out after work.

I played lots of the parsec that is on the xb2.7 cart, with my USB keyboard. It worked like the TI keyboard, that is problems moving and firing at the same time.

-M@

Fantastic, those were the next two I was going to poke around at! :D

In regards to the dragon pixel corruption on the title screen, the only other EA5 version I have seen also has similar corruption. I'm assuming that's the only bit of the game that was affected in conversion.

I've played this disk version quite a bit in the last year. But yesterday was the first time I tried it in classic99. The corruption on real iron is different than on classic99. The gameplay has always been fine though.

-M@

Aaah great, thanks a lot :) This is an easy way, just testing it with the Classic99.

I have to hammer that into my head. 3 is inverted, 8 not.

So, for example, the " fbForth208.bin" is non-inverted.

no no, was a gag :D ....but I am sure I will ask again next month :)

thanks

Try:

INV3RT3D / N8T

(ok the 8 is a stretch, but for the needs of old farts with less than fully-functional memory synapses, it works)

• Like 1

It loads & plays, the speech works fine, but it appears there are a couple of graphic abnormalities.

Yep definitely something not right with the cross landing pads and the bottom border. Adding 'restore VDP' actually makes the pad graphics disappear and takes some bits out of the bottom border.

Oh well, back to letting people who know what they're actually doing do it. :D

Gave it a shot with MASH, looks like it worked :)

attachicon.gifMASH9.BIN

Cool! Careful with the 9.bin stuff. I was WRONG when I started naming them 9.bin, because that is not what I meant to signify. I was trying to name them so that Classic99 would recognize it as a non-inverted bank switched rom from the Cartridge-User menu. 8.bin means that. 9.bin meant nothing.

I've tried to clean up my posts that had those 9.bin files in them. If you have downloaded them, take a moment to rename the file, so we don't create more confusion.

-M@

• Like 1

Yep definitely something not right with the cross landing pads and the bottom border. Adding 'restore VDP' actually makes the pad graphics disappear and takes some bits out of the bottom border.

Oh well, back to letting people who know what they're actually doing do it. :D

A large set of TI programs never heard of initializing their variables. Cartridge software designed to work from power on state with nothing else getting to run before it was particularly guilty. At least that is my impression.

Some of the conversions to EA5 from cartridge needed patches to fix up that start up state. At some point, this pursuit will probably require writing some assembly code. :)

-M@

• Like 1

I've tried to clean up my posts that had those 9.bin files in them. If you have downloaded them, take a moment to rename the file, so we don't create more confusion.

Got it. Also why I pulled the MASH file off, to prevent junk floating around.

A large set of TI programs never heard of initializing their variables. Cartridge software designed to work from power on state with nothing else getting to run before it was particularly guilty. At least that is my impression.

Some of the conversions to EA5 from cartridge needed patches to fix up that start up state. At some point, this pursuit will probably require writing some assembly code. :)

Yes I was afraid that might be the case. Definitely needs to be left to the smart people there. :)

Hey, it's still playable and it's not that bad at all! Keep plugging along! From this end it looks like you know what your doing, hell you got it to work!

Okay, if you insist :D

Try this:

Frogger.BIN (requires 32K expansion) (requires joystick in port 2)

• Like 2