IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Adding a new version of Buck Rogers for the FR99, please update the index. This version is markedly improved over the previous one used for conversion. Given the differences I'm assuming the earlier version is probably beta code.

This "full" version of Buck Rogers could be useful for FG99 users also. I found that the GROM version of this game had graphical corruption on my PAL machine, but remowilliams' fixed version works perfectly!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Is possible to run Terminal Editor 2 from the ti99 Flashrom ?

I'm trying to access BBS systems with the TI

cheers

The FlashROM-99 only works with ROM binaries. The Terminal Emulator 2 cartridge contains GROM in addition to ROM and would require the FinalGROM-99 cartridge to run. I believe the binaries are available, though I am not sure where.

...lee

W :-ow.... you guys rock!

Due to the massive community support in converting files, and even writing new programs,

this section now has grown to well over 250 individual entries for the FR/FG 99!

THANKS GUYS!

Hi Omega!, Is this the latest directory to download all in one go? (http://ftp.whtech.com/Cartridges/FinalGROM99/)

——————–

• Like 1

Hi Omega!, Is this the latest directory to download all in one go? (http://ftp.whtech.com/Cartridges/FinalGROM99/)

——————–

Hi, look here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/253095-flashrom-99-finalgrom-99-image-repository-512018/?p=3988215

(I´ll make updates from time to time, so better don´t stuff your stuff in my subfolders, if you use that :grin: )

• Like 1

——————–

I can update it sometime.. The file there is Ralph's initial pack

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

New module for FG99 - ADVERTISER. (aka Advertizer).

Preparing this for FG99 was interesting as the module has no menu entry and no autostart code- and FG99 wants one of these.

Initially I added a header at >8000 (headers can be in any grom) with a jump to TI Basic, but that involved a complex start unless the binary was the only one and was not compatible with the TI99/4 - so I amended it to a jump to the title screen instead, which seems much happier.

This module may have been born in 1979 as Basic programs from February 1980 have been seen, from TI France. The sole function was to extend TI Basic with additional CALLs, with an intended use of display (eg advertising) screens, which could be interactive.

The binary here is from a German language module, it is likely that English and French modules were prepared. Keep your eyes open for a module that doesn't seem to do anything and has no menu entry.

Lack of documentation was (and is) a problem with a module like this- using the techniques used to explore Personal Record Keeping before the TI document leaked out, I have prepared a set of documents at:

http://shawweb.myzen.co.uk/stephen/3063.htm

This documentation is not complete and I would love to hear from anyone who can expand any of it. Anyway, here is the binary amended for fg99, enjoy!

Place the bin file below on your SDHC card in the usual manner.
- select 2 for Finalgrom
- select ADVERTISER

IF you have no disk controller, the screen will turn purple (the Advertiser module does this) and a TI Title screen with purple borders appears. If you have a disk controller you don't get the purple. The purple tells you that you do not need to use CALL FILES.
Select 1 or 2 and you will get a BASIC READY.
With a disk controller- type CALL FILES(9) then NEW then CALL AD then CALL MUSIC(7)
With no disk controller- from the command line type CALL AD then CALL MUSIC(7)

Stephen

advert8g.bin

• Like 2

So say I want to add ROM pages to RXB, like say MG Explorer being built into RXB.

How do I do that in FinalGROM 99?

With the NEW VERSION RXB you can change VDP STACK location, and Upper Memory locations.

(Also new version RXB has SAMS support where any page of 4K memory can be swapped out and in.)

Example: Put MG Explorer at >A000 and run it from there so Assembly Langauge Routines in Lower 8K can be examined at same time.

(Of course XB programs would need to be about 8K smaller but that cost would be small to the overall pay off.)

So how do I access the XB ROMs normally and add these features?

New one for the FR99 list is in message 2156 at http://atariage.com/forums/topic/241547-high-score-competition-november-cave-creatures/page-87 Mummys Tomb (32k req) Didn't see it in message one of this thread. stephen

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It's now been added. I cannot follow everything, so if a software author or someone who converts an image does not let me know, there is a chance that one or two will probably slip by me.