IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

Sorry, my fault... I've been so slammed for time the past few days that This is the first time I did not take the time to verify the file(s). He did say they needed conversion. Any one want to stuff this in their copy of module creator and spit us out a FR99 comopatible version to link to?

Thanks for being on the ball Schmitzi and bringing it to my attention.

• Like 1

I really like how the attract mode gives a "shoutout" to Atari Age and other things in the community. :thumbsup:

it does it in the race as well with the advertising boards. sky changes colour too from race to race. Anyhoo .. thankyou all , I can rest now knowing you have the proper version. :)

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Howdy,

I am new here and just got my FlashRom 99 a week or so ago. Been having lots of fun, breathing more life into my old TI again.

I do have a question though. Some of the games that are posted on here are slightly different from the actual cartridge version that I have a I noticed.

For example. The version of HOPPER in this forum doesn't have any of the extra levels(or different level layouts) that my cartridge version has as you get higher in the levels.

But the biggest one that I noticed was the forums version of Burgertime is vastly different then my cartridge version. On the Forum version, the A.I. (on the right side of the screen) is a lot slower and always comes in at the bottom

of the screen, where as my cartridge version the A.I. (that come in on the right side of the screen) all go to the top of the screen at the beginning of every level and the pace is

faster and gets harder faster on the cartridge version. Also on the forum version it has Ice Cream and Coffee that shows up to replenish your pepper(and seems to show up quite a bit), where as my cartridge version

it only shows Ice Cream (no coffee) and doesn't happen as often making it a challenge in later levels. Also the music behaves differently from each version.

So are these different versions of the game? As in one version sold from country to the next. Or (in the case of Hopper) incomplete dumps?

Im sure there might be other game differences as well. But that is what i have noticed so far.

This has been a lot of fun by the way! Thanks in advance for answering the questions!!

IFB

Many of the fr99 images were crafted from disk versions of the games hence the differences also some have truncated speech to fit in 32k

With the FinalGROM 99 nearing it's release date, there may be a few new updated versions of these BIN images with full features restored.

Also, I know the entire list is rather large, but of the FG99 only images at the bottom of message # 1, does anyone see anything missing that they really want to see converted?

Many of the fr99 images were crafted from disk versions of the games hence the differences also some have truncated speech to fit in 32k

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Ahhh makes sense then. Thanks for answering!!

Well krap, I just got my Flashrom 99 and apparently there is a new FinalGrom 99 coming out. So sounds like i just might have just wasted some money(its still been fun though). Thats the way it goes i guess. Ha. So with that being said, Where do I get in line to pre-order/order the FinalGrom 99 at ?

IFB

Ahhh makes sense then. Thanks for answering!!

Well krap, I just got my Flashrom 99 and apparently there is a new FinalGrom 99 coming out. So sounds like i just might have just wasted some money(its still been fun though). Thats the way it goes i guess. Ha. So with that being said, Where do I get in line to pre-order/order the FinalGrom 99 at ?

IFB

No, you just need another console for the other room. That's what I'm going to do, FR99 on the other console FG99 on my main one. See, problem solved, no waste at all. And if another console is out of the question, get it up on ebay now. They're very re-sellable to anyone not in the know. Easey Peasey.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

No, you just need another console for the other room. That's what I'm going to do,

Great minds think alike! I'm patiently waiting for TIPI to arrive so it can be paired with the FR99. The FG99 will be on my main system. Many people have need of two cars... why not two TI's? :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FlashROM99

I assume ROM binary file with any name, and a length in kilobytes of either 8, 16, 24 or 32. Is that correct?

FinalGROM99

I assume anything that runs on the FlashROM99 also runs on the FinalGROM99 without any modification. Is that correct?

:)

yes but it can _not_ be an inverted file, they need to be uninverted.. the files that end in 8 in the forum here are uninverted as they designate you use a 74LS378 chip to do bank switching, while the inverted carts use a 74LS379 and have a 9 at the end..

And finalgrom will use the same exact files, but also can support GROM images so you won't need 32k ram to run the TI games previously converted to ROM from GROM. For instance Alpiner is in a ROM for flashrom99 which basically copys the GROM images to 32k and then executes them from there. With the finalgrom you can just run the GROM image and it won't require 32k to operate.

Greg

• Like 1

yes but it can _not_ be an inverted file, they need to be uninverted.. the files that end in 8 in the forum here are uninverted as they designate you use a 74LS378 chip to do bank switching, while the inverted carts use a 74LS379 and have a 9 at the end..

And finalgrom will use the same exact files, but also can support GROM images so you won't need 32k ram to run the TI games previously converted to ROM from GROM. For instance Alpiner is in a ROM for flashrom99 which basically copys the GROM images to 32k and then executes them from there. With the finalgrom you can just run the GROM image and it won't require 32k to operate.

Greg

:thumbsup:

Excellent. Thanks. Should keep me going for a while.

Back in the day, I used to write text adventures for the TI. I've always been told that there was an adventure editor released that allowed us to write adventures for the Adventure module and to edit existing adventure module adventures, but in 35 years I have never seen it or been able to use it.

Since I would really love to be able to use it on a proper TI rather than through an emulator, does anyone have a clue if it can be found and converted for use on the FlashRom99? Then I can start converting some of my old games...

Here's hoping :)

• Like 1

Back in the day, I used to write text adventures for the TI. I've always been told that there was an adventure editor released that allowed us to write adventures for the Adventure module and to edit existing adventure module adventures, but in 35 years I have never seen it or been able to use it.

Since I would really love to be able to use it on a proper TI rather than through an emulator, does anyone have a clue if it can be found and converted for use on the FlashRom99? Then I can start converting some of my old games...

Here's hoping

I posted it some time ago in the below thread:

HERE

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 3

I posted it some time ago in the below thread:

HERE

Absolutely - I've seen that, but it's not for use on the FlashRom99. It's just a disk and I don't know if/how to mount a disk file on the FlashRom so it loads on the menu. From the manual, it looks like it's an EA loading program, and I understand they can be converted for the FlashRom99, but I wouldn't know how to do that. Ideally, I'd like to just have a .BIN file of the Editor. I don't have an emulator or any real wish to run one - I want to run it on my actual TI :)