IGNORED

Which ST Ports do you MOST want to see carts of?

Rick Dangerous

Which ST Ports do you MOST want to see carts of?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which ST Ports do you MOST Wants to see carts of?

• Action Fighter
    • Arkanoid II: Revenge of DoH
    • Barbarian
    • Black Lamp
    • Bubble Bobble (Arcade)
    • Buggy Boy
    • Carrier Command
    • Cybernoid - The Fighting Machine
    • Cybernoid II - The Revenge
    • Deflektor
    • Fantasy World Dizzy
    • Fernandez Must Die!
    • Frontier: Elite II
    • Gauntlet II
    • IK+
    • Joust
    • Klax
    • Llamatron
    • Mercenary: Escape from Targ
    • Metrocross
    • Moon Patrol
    • Outrun
    • Return to Genesis
    • Revenge of the Mutant Camels
    • Rick Dangerous
  2. 2. Which ST Ports do you MOST want to see carts of? (Continued)

• R-Type
    • Solomon's Key
    • Spikey in Transylvania
    • Star Wars
    • Starglider II
    • StarQuake
    • Stormbringer
    • Super Sprint
    • Treasure Island Dizzy
    • Virus

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Of course all these games are awesome and deserve full boxed and manual releases. Ideally we'd all have each and every one in our collection to cherish and play forever and ever.

In reality there is only so much time and resources, from both those making the games, and those buying them.

So the thought exercise is as follows: Say you could only pick 5 of these to be produced, which ones would they be? Alternatively, say all were produced, but you could only afford 5-10 over the course of a year? Which ones would you choose?

As I mentioned, all great games and I hope they do make it all to cartridge, and if they did I'd try to get a copy of every one of them. But the point of this (besides just being fun) may be to give an indication of which games people are most excited about and would like to have produced or made available before others.

Enjoy and I look forward to seeing what people are most interested in!

post-38373-0-22666200-1464356023_thumb.jpg

Edited by travistouchdown

I'd rather see updated versions of many of those built from scratch, such as Llamatron or Super Sprint. Better yet, best to focus on making new games to put on those shiny new carts rather than old ST titles. The ST titles are more just "fun with the Jag" than anything else, IMO.

• Like 7

One of my choices was Treasure Island Dizzy bc I can't get it to load in VJ, work on CD or flash to Skunkboard correctly, (iirc) even after spanking it through JiFFI to create several different versions :thumbsup:

I thought CJ was just converting stuff for fun to play on people's Skunkboards or JagCD's. Or maybe it started out that way and now more and more are going to get the physical release treatment? Or is this just a hypothetical questioning?

Really though, I'd rather see a proper menu driven Jaguar flash cart where you could simply drag and drop these onto an SD card. Kind of like the LTO Flash for the Intellivision, wouldn't care if it's priced appropriately or locked down to only support his current/future conversions. His time is worth something of course, but at $90 a pop to own cartridge versions of ST games, getting extremely pricey. Not to mention all the time and hassle it is producing boxes, manuals, overlays and lengthy testing for bugs before finally burning to cart. Bug crops up later that nobody caught, but you already own the cartridge. Then what? Send your copy to the U.K. to have it fixed? There goes another $30 round trip and a label that now has 2 holes in it. Fixed ROM you download onto your SD card makes so much more sense and so does the budget release cost of a ROM only. :)

But to answer your question as if I didn't already own these CIB across a variety of other platforms already (which I do) and really didn't mind spending $90 a shot (which I wouldn't do), I'd choose:

Frontier: Elite II

Gauntlet
Joust
Moon Patrol
Rick Dangerous (in the works for Intellivision too now)

...but a $100-$150 Krikzz-like SD flashcart and $5-$10 a pop for the ROMS? Would probably purchase most all of the games that anybody bothered to convert. :)

• Like 1

I thought CJ was just converting stuff for fun to play on people's Skunkboards or JagCD's. Or maybe it started out that way and now more and more are going to get the physical release treatment? Or is this just a hypothetical questioning?

There have been some mentions of, and requests for, some of these to make it to cart:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/245904-commission-for-a-jaguar-cartridge/?hl=+st%20+ports

Al has mentioned that Gauntlet II might/will be made available, and other AA members have requested some of these on cart and Al was open to the idea. All very theoretical but it has come up.

Thats not CJ or Reboot's way.

Was just saying hypothetically or what I'd rather see vs. springing $90ea. on these for "collecting" purposes. Must be some minutia here that's lost on me, but there are other developers who do just that... modify existing code, then sell the ROM images at a pittance. To me and as an end user, it's all the same. The guy is still getting paid for his time and see nothing wrong with supporting that, no matter what kind of package it's in, be it an image or physical cart. :)

"Of course all these games are awesome and deserve full boxed and manual releases..."

No not really.

Games like Blacklamp and R-Type remind me of why I got rid of my ST back in 1989 and traded it for a PC/286. Not a reflection of the conversion-to-Jag work, but the ST struggled with some games and some of the developers were not as skilled as others.

Then again IK+ and Bubble Bobble remind me of why I spent so many hours playing games on the ST. Love those and would pay to own an official release.

I could never find an executable of Virus for the ST. I know it is on the list but there wasn't a link when I looked. I loved that game. Was the conversion finished for the Jag?

And Frontier; Elite II was my all time favorite ST game. I have an early conversion but it only seems to run the intro and not much else. I would definitely pay $$$ for a finished cart of this for the Jag with game-save functionality.

Edited by oracle_jedi

Super Sprint would be cool, I just looked and I'm amazed there was never a Genesis/MD version of it, the closest cart port we got was the NES. Looks like it didn't see another home port until it came out on some of those arcade treasures on CD based consoles.

My Top 5 to have on cart (in Alphabetical order):

Arkanoid II: Revenge of DoH

Black Lamp

Bubble Bobble

Gauntlet II

IK+

Absolute must have for me would be Gauntlet II « and I must say it's nice to see it being the number one based on this poll :)

• Like 1