IGNORED

Krazy Ace Mintature Golf?

Stun Runner 87

Yes, they remanufacture it on a regular basis. Friend of mine bought his last year.

Be warned though, it is pretty bad. They were so lazy they couldn't be arsed to create new holes for hole 8 and 9... they simply repeat hole 8 and 9.

All you can do is play those 9 (7) holes. No CPU enemies or anything. No game modes.

The 2-player mode is said to be buggy.

The only music playing is a little tune in the titlescreen, the game itself is silent.

Graphics are extremely basic. Like primitive MS Paint drawings.

ball physics are pretty bad.

It is a game that shows that it had an ultra low budget, and was likely never really finished, but released because it was playble.Goes to show this was released as Telegames were scraping the bottom of the barrel and Lynx fans were desperate for anything.

Only buy it if you want a full set of all Lynx games, but no aspect of the game itself is worth the asking price sadly.

• Like 2

For the reasons 108 Stars gives above I've not bought it. The game is kinda poor. Get yourself a flash cart or 16 in 1 multi cart, even the new sd cart if you can be patient (long waiting list) and download the Rom. If after playing it and you still really want it you'll know what to expect.

Edited by BadPricey
  • Like 2

Yes, they remanufacture it on a regular basis. Friend of mine bought his last year.

Be warned though, it is pretty bad. They were so lazy they couldn't be arsed to create new holes for hole 8 and 9... they simply repeat hole 8 and 9.

All you can do is play those 9 (7) holes. No CPU enemies or anything. No game modes.

The 2-player mode is said to be buggy.

The only music playing is a little tune in the titlescreen, the game itself is silent.

Graphics are extremely basic. Like primitive MS Paint drawings.

ball physics are pretty bad.

It is a game that shows that it had an ultra low budget, and was likely never really finished, but released because it was playble.Goes to show this was released as Telegames were scraping the bottom of the barrel and Lynx fans were desperate for anything.

Only buy it if you want a full set of all Lynx games, but no aspect of the game itself is worth the asking price sadly.

Thanks for the info.

Doesn't look that bad to me, but LoL...?

I'm basically just looking for it to complete my collection....

Edited by Stun Runner 87

Telegames UK have it for pre-order

http://www.telegames.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5286

It will be on a different style cart not the usual curved lip style.

Hope this helps

Rgds

BadPricey

Thank you....I'm checking it out.

Its not an original? Is it like a reproduction with an original style label?

I suppose it doesn't really matter...LoL, 50 dollars certainly is better than paying 500 for an original. ?

Thanks for the info my friend.This helps me out a lot. ✌

Edited by Stun Runner 87

It's made by Telegames, so it's an original.

Cool

Thanks for the info.

Telegames should make some new home brews for the Lynx in the future. They should consider it. Some of the best games for the Lynx are by Telegames. Double Dragon is Awsome.

I know that some people are giving Krazy Ace bad reviews, but me personally, I don't think.it looks all that bad.

Peace.

Telegames aren't homebrewers. They were a professional publisher. They officially released games for Nintendo consoles too.

But I think they are too small now, the UK branch seems to be just one guy. And certainly the Lynx is not worth spending the time and money to hire coders and program a new game from a commercial standpoint.

• Like 1

Cool

Thanks for the info.

Telegames should make some new home brews for the Lynx in the future. They should consider it. Some of the best games for the Lynx are by Telegames. Double Dragon is Awsome.

I know that some people are giving Krazy Ace bad reviews, but me personally, I don't think.it looks all that bad.

Peace.

Telegames has repeatedly stated that they're no longer interested in new development for any Atari system. I don't really fault them for this, as they do continue to make small batches of their titles for sale. I do, however, wish they'd release their other, unreleased, games even as ROMs. Telegames USA kept giving me evasive responses when asked about their vault titles, which makes me think they were holding out. The rep. at Telegames UK is very nice, but he may not have access to whatever may have been in storage in the US.

• Like 1

Months, maybe even a year. I am not sure if you have to pay in advance though. Could be you have to pay when it is available.

It is basically just a guy ordering a batch of PCBs, and then soldering the chips onto them. With the very limited demand it probably just takes time to get enough orders in to make it worth ordering a dozen or so PCBs. I see it as more of a fanservice to even do it with the tiny Lynx market.

Won't hurt to send him a mail to ask, he usually replies very quickly. Can't say how accurate his estimate will be though.

sales@telegames.co.uk

http://www.telegames.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=324_63_64&product_id=5286

• Like 2

Telegames aren't homebrewers. They were a professional publisher. They officially released games for Nintendo consoles too.

But I think they are too small now, the UK branch seems to be just one guy. And certainly the Lynx is not worth spending the time and money to hire coders and program a new game from a commercial standpoint.

In know Epyx arnt home brewers, LoL? I remember Epyx as far back as early 80s making games for the 2600....and I'm aware that Epyx invented the Atari Lynx prototype back in 1987......what I meant in my reply was that Epyx should make new games for the lynx, and considering that the Lynx left the market in mid 1990s, anyone making new games for old consoles no longer distributed would be homebrewing...

?

I do appreciate you taking the time to explain for me though. In my opinion, Epyx made some of the best games for Atari consoles. (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

P.s, you have an Awsome avatar pic. ?

Edited by Stun Runner 87

Why are you talking about Epyx now ???

This here has nothing to do with Epyx, this is Telegames. Epyx has died around 1990 or 91.

And no, not all games made for old consoles are homebrews. Homebrew means a mostly non-commercial hobby project. But there are plenty of people developing games for old systems on a professional base, with real money involved.

Months, maybe even a year. I am not sure if you have to pay in advance though. Could be you have to pay when it is available.

It is basically just a guy ordering a batch of PCBs, and then soldering the chips onto them. With the very limited demand it probably just takes time to get enough orders in to make it worth ordering a dozen or so PCBs. I see it as more of a fanservice to even do it with the tiny Lynx market.

Won't hurt to send him a mail to ask, he usually replies very quickly. Can't say how accurate his estimate will be though.

sales@telegames.co.uk

http://www.telegames.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=324_63_64&product_id=5286

It could take almost a year for Epyx to send order? Oh man, it will be a long year for me. ?

I guess I will have to go to a real mini golf course until then. Lol

Why are you talking about Epyx now ???

This here has nothing to do with Epyx, this is Telegames. Epyx has died around 1990 or 91.

And no, not all games made for old consoles are homebrews. Homebrew means a mostly non-commercial hobby project. But there are plenty of people developing games for old systems on a professional base, with real money involved.

Sorry bro, I meant Telegames, not Epyx...I have no explanation why Epyx was on my mind...LoL at myself.. Edited by Stun Runner 87

Is the Telegames site still actually active? I emailed them long ago about some games and never heard back. I assumed it was defunct. For those who are newer to the Telegames Lynx world, there are some cool threads about the variants they've put out over the years.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Please sell me your Krazy Ace Mini Golf cart.

Someone?

Anyone?

$$$$????

I have a boxed copy from the original run, but it'll cost you. I'm not even sure what they go for now.

Despite it's flaws, it's not a bad game. It's definitely an unfinished prototype though, but I'm used to playing those. :)