IGNORED

Pigs In The Castle

Greenfuzz

• 2 years later...

Apparently you're supposed to kill a certain number of pigs which takes you to the big boss. Twice I made it through to a screen with a real tall pig and a box which I assume had a captive. However when I got there I could no longer attack and the boss pig just stood there. Also there was no way to rescue the prisoner. So I ended up just moving around running into the big pig which did nothing, so finally I just turned it off. I contacted the designer but he didn't reply. This was on my Atari 2600 4 switch. If you are thinking of buying this game on eBay, beware.

Edited by ricktr

My experience with Rudy is he accidentally friended me on Facebook and I took him off. So, I don't know his intentions. I didn't remember the initial sale of this game feeling like a cash grab. Although there were some critical articles written about him in connection with the connotations behind this game.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, high voltage said:

Some people here don't like Randy, but he's a good guy.

As for Rudy, he died a few years ago.

There's a metric tonne more unstated as to the reasons for both statements.  I'd suggest StormyWeathers explores this in private.

The good, bad and unique that could be discussed in this game would quickly get drowned out.

3 minutes ago, Gemintronic said:

There's a metric tonne more unstated as to the reasons for both statements.

I can add something brand new regarding Hozer.

Someone linked me to a huge collection of Atari 2600 games (incl. homebrews), which also contained some ROMs of my own game Thrust. Many of these ROMs where only meant to be put on cart and were never released to public by me or send to anyone (except one person). When I realized that the latest pirated ROM is from 2002, I stated investigating. Because that's the year where I left Hozer and went to AtariAge. And it soon turned out that these pirated ROM files are 100% exactly the ones which I did send to Hozer for the cart releases. So it must have been Randy himself, who pirated me. Using the ROMs which I did send him, relying on his integrity. Which shows again, how utterly disrespectful Randy acts regarding the homebrew community.

Everyone buying from Hozer should be aware of this (and many, many other things, do the research). And that he (or she) is actively supporting such a behavior and thus harming our small community. Personally I have zero respect for anyone who knows about Randy and still is buying from Hozer.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

People, i know the story of Randy, i know the story of Rudy... My point really is... If a game is distributed by Hozer doesn't make this a bad game. 

I buy Hb's from AtariAge and GDG/HH and buy proto-repro's on Cart from Hozer. Everything i ever bought from Hozer are non-existing games i like to have on Cart.

I DON'T buy homebrews from Hozer if i can buy IT from AA. At GDG i first asked if IT were copies OR original AA-games which seller confirmed the latter (and i believe people very easily)

That's my choice and you can disagree with that but i think IT ain't bad to have some Nice games on Cart like Harem, ewok adventure, Frog pond, bugs bunny etc...

Rgds

Alexander from NL

Alias SW

8 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

I can add something brand new regarding Hozer.

Someone linked me to a huge collection of Atari 2600 games (incl. homebrews), which also contained some ROMs of my own game Thrust. Many of these ROMs where only meant to be put on cart and were never released to public by me or send to anyone (except one person). When I realized that the latest pirated ROM is from 2002, I stated investigating. Because that's the year where I left Hozer and went to AtariAge. And it soon turned out that these pirated ROM files are 100% exactly the ones which I did send to Hozer for the cart releases. So it must have been Randy himself, who pirated me. Using the ROMs which I did send him, relying on his integrity. Which shows again, how utterly disrespectful Randy acts regarding the homebrew community.

Everyone buying from Hozer should be aware of this (and many, many other things, do the research). And that he (or she) is actively supporting such a behavior and thus harming our small community. Personally I have zero respect for anyone who knows about Randy and still is buying from Hozer.

So you had a beef with him, not our problem really.

7 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

@StormyWeathers asked for information about Hozer. Your problem if the truth is hurting your feelings.

Wow whats your problem man. The truth is a game distributed by Hozer ain't a bad game by any rule. It might be for some particular game but it doesnt apply to Every game. For example, i like endless snow, also made by Rudy j ferretti. Does it make the game bad because he was a bad Guy? 

If you have a problem with Randy that's fine by me but dont start picking on me please. Have a Nice Day by the by...

Rgds

Alexander

3 hours ago, StormyWeathers said:

The truth is a game distributed by Hozer ain't a bad game by any rule.

Who said so?

3 hours ago, StormyWeathers said:

If you have a problem with Randy that's fine by me but dont start picking on me please. 

I directly answered high voltage, not you. (Not only) I thought you were asking a question regarding Hozer/Randy.

15 hours ago, StormyWeathers said:

Everything i ever bought from Hozer are non-existing games i like to have on Cart.

If you know that he makes unauthorized copies of homebrews, even when the authors of those games specifically asked him to stop, and you still buy any stuff from him, then it means that you're supporting that behavior. No way around it.

So, don't be surprised if people here pick on you for that.