gridrunner

92 replies to this topic

#1 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

Quadrunner

• 5,544 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Sun May 29, 2016 6:34 AM

What better way to celebrate finally releasing Xenon 2 than fixing a few minor bugs in Rebooteroids? Well, that and starting to work on something else :D

You can never have enough Jeff Minter, right?

gridrun.png

This one will probably take a while (It was mouse only) - plus I *really* want to finish Rebooteroids.

[Edited because... SO COOL]

gridrun2.png

Edited by CyranoJ, Sun May 29, 2016 6:38 AM.

#2 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,544 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Mon May 30, 2016 1:45 AM

gridrun3.png gridrun4.png

#3 omf OFFLINE  

omf

Dragonstomper

• 780 posts

Posted Mon May 30, 2016 3:33 AM

good job :thumbsup:

Attached Thumbnails

• moar.jpg

#4 belucid OFFLINE  

belucid

Space Invader

• 21 posts

Posted Mon May 30, 2016 5:22 AM

44344899.jpg

#5 galax OFFLINE  

galax

Dragonstomper

• 747 posts

Posted Mon May 30, 2016 8:14 AM

Gridrunner! The iPad version works really well with a Competition Pro 5000 and a Bluetooth NES pad thing, the ST version would be awesome to have on the Jag!

#6 Stephen OFFLINE  

Stephen

Quadrunner

• 7,261 posts
  • A8 Gear Head

Posted Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 PM

What better way to celebrate finally releasing Xenon 2 than fixing a few minor bugs in Rebooteroids? Well, that and starting to work on something else :D

attachicon.gifgridrun.png

This one will probably take a while (It was mouse only) - plus I *really* want to finish Rebooteroids.

[Edited because... SO COOL]

attachicon.gifgridrun2.png

No such thing as too much Minter.  I own consoles strictly to play Minter games.

#7 PeterG OFFLINE  

PeterG

Dragonstomper

• 887 posts

Posted Mon May 30, 2016 3:28 PM

No such thing as too much Minter.  I own consoles strictly to play Minter games.

Looks at Playstation TV...Looks at Nuon which is used for only one other game as well... agreed

#8 82-T/A ONLINE  

82-T/A

River Patroller

• 4,462 posts

Posted Mon May 30, 2016 4:20 PM

I REALLY want to buy Rebooteroids!

#9 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,544 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Mon May 30, 2016 5:57 PM

I REALLY want to buy Rebooteroids!

I REALLY want to finish Rebooteroids!

#10 madman OFFLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,811 posts

Posted Mon May 30, 2016 6:11 PM

Just watched video of this game, looks cool!

#11 swapd0 OFFLINE  

swapd0

Moonsweeper

• 313 posts

Posted Tue May 31, 2016 7:38 AM

I played a lot with this game, not sure how it will work without a mouse.... also it would be great if you do something to avoid the frame rate drops when there are a lot sprites into the screen (not sure if the port have the same problem).

#12 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,544 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Tue May 31, 2016 2:46 PM

Suprisingly, it plays like it was made for the Jagpad. I was surprised as well but it's turned out really well.  Not seen any frame drops yet, the boost to 14Mhz seems to have fixed that problem.

#13 skip OFFLINE  

skip

Moonsweeper

• 400 posts

Posted Wed Jun 1, 2016 8:08 AM

Given it controls well with the Jag pad, it'd be interesting to see how Andes Attack, the usually forgotten Minter ST Defender clone, would translate....

#14 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,544 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Thu Jun 2, 2016 3:15 AM

If anyone would like to send me an XRGB... ;)

Edited by CyranoJ, Thu Jun 2, 2016 3:16 AM.

#15 galax OFFLINE  

galax

Dragonstomper

• 747 posts

Posted Fri Jun 3, 2016 1:10 PM

If anyone would like to send me an XRGB... ;)

I have a spare XRGB-3 that could be traded for Reboot/STre-release Jag carts ;)

#16 Lynxpro ONLINE  

Lynxpro

River Patroller

• 3,656 posts

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:45 PM

Even Space Giraffe???  

[ducks].

#17 ggn OFFLINE  

ggn

Stargunner

• 1,411 posts

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:52 AM

Even Space Giraffe???  

[ducks].

My PC runs that. And I bought that along with gridrunner rev. So where is your God now? :P

(Also I think space giraffe's fun!)

#18 Flojomojo ONLINE  

Flojomojo

Cotton Headed

• 14,789 posts
  • Ninny Muggins

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:47 AM

Space Giraffe is awesome. It runs on Xbone now via backwards compatibility, which is nice.

I wish he'd continue to support his mobile games, even though he's not making any more (there's no money in it, he says).

You guys are making me want to set up some classic computer emulators. I do love a bit of Minter.

#19 Stephen OFFLINE  

Stephen

Quadrunner

• 7,261 posts
  • A8 Gear Head

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:26 AM

Even Space Giraffe???  

[ducks].

Yes - that's why I initially bought my 360 :)  And I finished the game which is something I never managed to do with Tempest 2000 or 3000.  Great game, I don't understand the hate it gets.

#20 Lynxpro ONLINE  

Lynxpro

River Patroller

• 3,656 posts

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:49 PM

Yes - that's why I initially bought my 360 :)  And I finished the game which is something I never managed to do with Tempest 2000 or 3000.  Great game, I don't understand the hate it gets.

I'll explain the hate for Space Giraffe…there's too much fsking sh*t going on the screen right in front of the action so you can't tell what the frak is going on!

I love the original arcade Tempest. I love Tempest 2000 and 3000 on the Jag and the Nuon. I love Keithen Hayenga's version of Tempest on the 5200 with the CX53 Trak-Ball controller. I love Tempest Xtreme. BUT I FSKING H8 THAT CROMDAMNED SPACE GIRAFFE!!! I may even hate it more than Xevious on the ST, and that's saying a lot.  No….I got it. I hate it as much as the NES'ified port of Gyruss! Or Mat Mania Challenge on the 7800!  Suffice to say, it's a hate so powerful it could pulverize Alderaan into fiery space dust.

#21 ggn OFFLINE  

ggn

Stargunner

• 1,411 posts

Posted Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:17 AM

I'll explain the hate for Space Giraffe…there's too much fsking sh*t going on the screen right in front of the action so you can't tell what the frak is going on!

I love the original arcade Tempest. I love Tempest 2000 and 3000 on the Jag and the Nuon. I love Keithen Hayenga's version of Tempest on the 5200 with the CX53 Trak-Ball controller. I love Tempest Xtreme. BUT I FSKING H8 THAT CROMDAMNED SPACE GIRAFFE!!! I may even hate it more than Xevious on the ST, and that's saying a lot.  No….I got it. I hate it as much as the NES'ified port of Gyruss! Or Mat Mania Challenge on the 7800!  Suffice to say, it's a hate so powerful it could pulverize Alderaan into fiery space dust.

Now lie down, take a deep breath and show us in this doll here where the bad man touched you.

#22 PeterG OFFLINE  

PeterG

Dragonstomper

• 887 posts

Posted Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:05 AM

I always like the aspect of the game that you would not see exactly at every point of the game what is going on, but you could feel through it once you get the hang of the game's mechanics and sound clues. I remember one of the later levels which is so fuzzy and messed up that it makes you think everything else before it was really clear to see but once you understood how to listen and react to what was going on, it was beatable. I really like that. Although I can understand why people think it is weird and don't understand it without propper instructions. I was hooked once I played it the first time on one of the Jagfests many years ago.

#23 Lynxpro ONLINE  

Lynxpro

River Patroller

• 3,656 posts

Posted Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:01 AM

I always like the aspect of the game that you would not see exactly at every point of the game what is going on, but you could feel through it once you get the hang of the game's mechanics and sound clues. I remember one of the later levels which is so fuzzy and messed up that it makes you think everything else before it was really clear to see but once you understood how to listen and react to what was going on, it was beatable. I really like that. Although I can understand why people think it is weird and don't understand it without propper instructions. I was hooked once I played it the first time on one of the Jagfests many years ago.

Oh, I understand the mechanics. Still hate it. :)

I can respect it as an LSD simulation but not as an actual game. It's a good thing he went back to the mechanics that worked with TxK. Which reminds me, I gotta find a PSN TV dirt cheap so I can finally play it for myself.

#24 Sauron OFFLINE  

Sauron

Quadrunner

• 5,289 posts
  • In the land of Mordor.

Posted Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:14 AM

Can't say I have the same level of hate for SG as Lynxpro does, but the game certainly isn't in the same ballpark as the other games in the Tempest series. 

#25 PeterG OFFLINE  

PeterG

Dragonstomper

• 887 posts

Posted Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:52 AM

Oh, I understand the mechanics. Still hate it. :)

I can respect it as an LSD simulation but not as an actual game. It's a good thing he went back to the mechanics that worked with TxK. Which reminds me, I gotta find a PSN TV dirt cheap so I can finally play it for myself.

I didn't mean to imply that you did not understand it, I was thinking of people in general likle friends of mine when I showed them the game and they would absolutley not know what is going on. With your level of hate, I suppose you played it a bit more than 5 minutes. ;-)

Btw I feel something from Space Giraffe oozed over into TxK since you don't instantly die when touched by an enemy, sometimes it almost feels like you can "bully" them on the edge of the grid. I really do enjoy TxK aswell and it might be the better game overall but I sure do miss the "LSD simulation" look. ;-) But in the spirit of the thread, the moar Minter, the better. ;-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gridrunner

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users