IGNORED

Do you still use your Super Cart? If so, what for?

Omega-TI

Super Cartridge Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. As a current owner of a Super Cart, how long has it been since you've used it?

• Today!
    • 1 - 7 days ago.
    • 2 - 3 weeks.
    • At least a month ago.
    • 2 to 6 months ago.
    • 7 - 12 months ago.
    • Over a year ago.
  2. 2. Why did you stop using it?

• No longer use/used the programs available for it.
    • Started using an XB 2.7S cartridge.
    • Started using some other cartridge.
    • What do you mean no longer use it... I still use mine!
    • Other reason.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Back in the day, the Super Cart cartridge was one of those "must have" modifications. Heck, everyone I knew destroyed "that one cartridge" and robbed the chip from their Editor/Assembler module to make one of those wonder-carts. Most of us had the 8K version, while a few 'power users' opted for the 4 X 8 version.

Now not a lot of specialty programs lasted through the years for it. I used mine mostly for 4A DOS and Quickload, while a couple of guys I knew with 4 X 8 versions also added RemindMe! to theirs as well.

Now In the past couple of years the landscape has changed, we've been fortunate to receive the XB2.7S cartridge, and the new 9640 Menu System for it. There is also that new Flash ROM 99 cartridge, so I've started wondering... does anyone still use their Super Carts?

Please take part in the poll above... IF YOU OWN A SUPER CART.

blog-0924430001410404241.jpg

After I got the SAMS 1 Meg card could not see the point of the Supercart.

Of course I also have a SCSI drive and it loads so fast it is crazy to load stuff into the Supercart of only 8K vs 1 Meg off SCSI into SAMS. NO CONTEST!

Fred Kaal has a few memory test programs that run from it.

There is also a version of AEMS utilities that load from supercart.

I built my first supercart about a month ago. I figure it is good for learning to write code that runs from cart space. But I haven't put it to see yet.

-M@

• Like 1

Not a real Super Cart but I have been using my SuperSpace II (32k, essentially a 4x8k CRU-switched super-cart) to test some experiments. The mega-demo project has inspired me, but I really do not have the time to dedicate to the real project so I am just going to putz about on my own. I really love this cartridge but I fear the FlashROM cart may put it out of business.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

OK, so I'm weird. I have several 1 MB SAMS cards, SNUG 16 Bank HSGPL card, P-Gram+ & 80K GramKracker.

Only 1 8K EA/SuperCart which I use as a backup to my 80K GK that has 4A DOS (AKA Command DOS) in my

minimal F18A TI-99/4A Console w/NanoPEB. Besides 4A DOS I also use the SC for BCART TIB programs which

may keep it alive a while longer as I recently purchased a FlashROM 99, and I have 4A DOS on it, but it

can't do TIB programs, so we'll see how much I use it from ow on.

I've got a supercart i was in the process of building, when I packed everything away, has a BCD switch to flip between banks and it was almost finished. When I find the original schematics to verify that it is still good( one wire is broke from wherever it was originally supposed to go ) then I will load it and use it some. Sometime soon :ponder:

Since I am back into newsletter publication I use one of my 8k supercarts for saving my Pagepro pages off as pictures. I use Batch it. It allows me to save 6 pages from a batch file. I load Batch it then the batch file I created long ago when doing Vast News then do something else on my second TI system or the PC. After about 45 minutes depending on the graphics on the pages the job is done. Then I load the next batch and repeat the process.

I own both a Super Cart (used a dead Parsec board) and Super Space II. Used them for the Infocom games, Disney conversions, and other 8K+EA enabled programs. Barry Boone's SoundFX supported both the SuperCart and SuperSpace for larger sound buffers.