IGNORED

Sears Telegames

AAA177

IIRC there's technically no such thing as "factory sealed" Atari and Sears games because they were never sealed at the factory. Any shrinkwrapping would have been done by the retailer. Whether Sears added shrinkwrap to their games, I don't know, but now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a plastic-wrapped Sears box.

I'd hazard a guess that anyone selling a shrinkwrapped Sears game and calling it "factory sealed" is probably trying to pull one over on some unsuspecting customer.

Thanks for these replies, I appreciate the information.

I have to ask -- does factory-sealed only refer to something wrapped in plastic? I always assumed I could use that term even if there was no plastic around an Atari 2600 cartridge box and the top of the box was still glued closed, with the tab still in the down position (if you know what I mean).

• Like 1

I have to ask -- does factory-sealed only refer to something wrapped in plastic? I always assumed I could use that term even if there was no plastic around an Atari 2600 cartridge box and the top of the box was still glued closed, with the tab still in the down position (if you know what I mean).

Yes. It simply means it's never been opened since leaving the factory.

But people tend to think "shrinkwrap" when they hear "sealed."