IGNORED

Super Pro Baseball by Intelligentvision coming soon

Only because you asked:

http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/orderroms.php

Rounds corners are **NOT** in the game. I already hear the groans.

Let me know when you get it and I will pull the sales of it waiting for you to provide me feedback so that I know if I should continue selling it or just put it back on hold.

Sorry it's taken me a while to see this, but I do not see a link to the game. Was it taken down?

It was taken down. I figured you had bought it. There is a thread at:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/264204-super-pro-hockey/?view=getnewpost

I am hoping to get feedback in there or direct emails let me know if they think the game is good enough for a cart release. Only one person has responded to me so a cart release is not looking good. I will give them a couple of weeks to post feedback.

It was taken down. I figured you had bought it. There is a thread at:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/264204-super-pro-hockey/?view=getnewpost

I am hoping to get feedback in there or direct emails let me know if they think the game is good enough for a cart release. Only one person has responded to me so a cart release is not looking good. I will give them a couple of weeks to post feedback.

Thanks Dave. Either way, I hope you will consider opening up the ROM purchase permanently for everyone soon.

Had to look up the term "walk-off home run"... and sure enough, the phrase seems to have only come about (widespread anyway) since the late 90's, early 2000's. No longer watch much baseball, can 'ya tell? lol

But yes, all runs should count after such a scenario of course - it's the nature of the game as it impacts stats AND after all, those runs were earned damnit! haha

I wonder if MLBPA Baseball behaves the same way?

No, all players should keep running and cross the plate, not just one. If a home run is hit with bases loaded, all runs count, not just one.

The interesting thing about this is all runners cross home plate with every other home run. So the home team's winning run in the bottom of the 9th overrides the normal home run function and ends the game.

In most cases the game should end immediately when the winning run is scored. The "walk-off homerun" is a special case. For example if the batter were to hit a double or triple instead of a homerun, only one run scores and a single is credited to the batter. Intellivision baseball must have code that checks bottom of the ninth score every time a run scores (including during a homerun). I would think they would have to add an additional condition in the code to check for a homerun. I still say its not wrong, its the players' choice to continue running or not.

In most cases the game should end immediately when the winning run is scored. The "walk-off homerun" is a special case. For example if the batter were to hit a double or triple instead of a homerun, only one run scores and a single is credited to the batter. Intellivision baseball must have code that checks bottom of the ninth score every time a run scores (including during a homerun). I would think they would have to add an additional condition in the code to check for a homerun. I still say its not wrong, its the players' choice to continue running or not.

Absolutely. Upon reading this, I immediately thought of the Mets series winning "Grand Slam Single" against the Atlanta Braves in the 1999 National League Championship Series. I remember watching that game at home and being in disbelief/confused when the final score was changed from 7-3 to 4-3. But, only the runner on 3rd crossed the plate before the rest of his teammates started celebrating on field, so only his run was counted. How can we fault the Intellivision players for taking every game as seriously as if they were in a Championship Series elimination game? Poor guys are just too ecstatic over the win to let the rest of the base runners trot the bases before they go celebrate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Slam_Single

• 5 months later...

Finally turned a triple play tonight, shortstop caught a line drive, tossed it quickly to second then over to first. Then later I made a double play, the computer still had a runner on 3rd and before I pitched he tried stealing home and was easy pickings. Does that count as a second triple play in the same game?

Finally turned a triple play tonight, shortstop caught a line drive, tossed it quickly to second then over to first. Then later I made a double play, the computer still had a runner on 3rd and before I pitched he tried stealing home and was easy pickings. Does that count as a second triple play in the same game?

I got home and saw this....and yes, it does count as a triple play, it was in continuation on the same play.Maybe not but......

Bad mistake by the runner, congratulations to you!!! :)