Photo

Super Pro Baseball by Intelligentvision coming soon

239 replies to this topic

#26 Intellivet OFFLINE  

Intellivet

Star Raider

• 73 posts

Posted Mon Jun 6, 2016 5:50 PM

I'm in for a game board copy!  Thank you so much for finally releasing and can't wait to play it.  Definitely appreciate all of your hard work and efforts to bring us new or better versions of the games we love...

#27 AJChandler OFFLINE  

AJChandler

Star Raider

• 73 posts

Posted Mon Jun 6, 2016 6:09 PM

I'm in for a copy of the game board.

#28 BBWW OFFLINE  

BBWW

River Patroller

• 2,708 posts
  • If it is not fun move away slowly.

Posted Mon Jun 6, 2016 7:38 PM

This is fantastic!

#29 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• 1,427 posts

Posted Mon Jun 6, 2016 7:59 PM

The pitch is to fast to really change direction. I know I have seen the feature before but I just tried it and there is not enough time for the pitch to change direction. Yes, home runs are less likely with 2 players. Another feature is that the ball does *not* bounce off the wall anymore. I say it gets stuck on the wall.

It is a shame you are not using your ECS keyboad using the Ultimate Interface :)

Yeah, looks like that fast ball is SCREAMING in the video. I like the ball not bouncing off the wall as well.

Did you ever try to fix the "bug" in WC Baseball that no one ever could back in the day? I've encountered it a couple times while playing.

I might have to change my signature, as I have actually used my ECS keyboard with the Ultimate Interface to compose an email or two on my PC...
;-)

Sent from my Intellivision ECS using Intelli-Tapatalk

#30 intvdave OFFLINE  

intvdave

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 665 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 10:13 AM

The slowest pitch is the same speed as a fast pitch in Championship Baseball. The speed of the pitches is random and the fastest pitch is quick. I like the Mattel Electronics Baseball handheld. I remember the first time I played and thought how fast the pitches were. I wanted to recreate that feel.

I have seen the bug show up in WC Baseball but yet have to see it show up in my version.  I am not saying I fixed it but my version does have many changes.

There is one more change I am looking to try out for the fun of it and am not sure if it will make it into the release. I am not taking suggestions on what to change. I already see how that can work out.

#31 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Dragonstomper

• 580 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 4:11 PM

So is this an Intelligentvision release as the title screen suggests or more of a intvdave one-off?

#32 intvdave OFFLINE  

intvdave

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 665 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 4:22 PM

So is this an Intelligentvision release as the title screen suggests or more of a intvdave one-off?

They are one in the same. I will not release any more games as CIB. My model is now to release ROMs but so few of you care for ROMs. I will see how releaseing a game board goes. I may switch to a gameboard/ROM model.

For those of you interested in Mystic Castle, I will make game boards of those available also. Maybe even Shark Shark 2.

#33 eebuckeye OFFLINE  

eebuckeye

Dragonstomper

• 833 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 4:49 PM

Releasing new free game ROMs for people to play is great!!

#34 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 10,945 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 4:54 PM

They are one in the same. I will not release any more games as CIB. My model is now to release ROMs but so few of you care for ROMs. I will see how releaseing a game board goes. I may switch to a gameboard/ROM model.

For those of you interested in Mystic Castle, I will make game boards of those available also. Maybe even Shark Shark 2.

Another two games I'd love to see released on boards at least :)

#35 intvdave OFFLINE  

intvdave

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 665 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 5:03 PM

Releasing new free game ROMs for people to play is great!!

Thanks! I have been doing this for years now.

#36 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Dragonstomper

• 580 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 5:35 PM

I love the game board idea since it keeps the costs of homebrews down and common carts are easy to come by to mount the boards into. You're doing us poorer collectors a huge favor, so thank you! 

#37 pimpmaul69 OFFLINE  

pimpmaul69

River Patroller

• 4,775 posts
  • INTV Brotherhood Technician

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 5:38 PM

I love the game board idea since it keeps the costs of homebrews down and common carts are easy to come by to mount the boards into. You're doing us poorer collectors a huge favor, so thank you! 

and i could be wrong, but i think you know a box guy....

#38 Eric7100 OFFLINE  

Eric7100

River Patroller

• 3,011 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 5:46 PM

I will not release any more games as CIB.

Well, BOO to you!  :(

#39 intellivotion OFFLINE  

intellivotion

Stargunner

• 1,811 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 6:23 PM

Eric, we have to be happy that David is back with tangible releases.

And stop giving away your loose carts. You'll need them soon  :)

#40 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 14,884 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 6:45 PM

Eric, we have to be happy that David is back with tangible releases.

And stop giving away your loose carts. You'll need them soon  :)

Ha! I bought almost 200 commons from Eric. :-)

#41 Utopia OFFLINE  

Utopia

Dragonstomper

• 615 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 6:58 PM

Releasing game boards is a great idea and another way to get a Inty fix on a budget.

This and the baggie releases from BBWW make physical copies much more affordable. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by Utopia, Tue Jun 7, 2016 6:59 PM.

#42 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Dragonstomper

• 580 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 7:11 PM

and i could be wrong, but i think you know a box guy....

I have no idea what you are talking about...

:twisted:

#43 atari5200dude82 OFFLINE  

atari5200dude82

Stargunner

• 1,135 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 7:39 PM

Thats awesome news Dave and thanks. I am in for 1 baseball board, also on board for 1 on mystic castle and shark shark 2. Very cool.  :-D

#44 KylJoy OFFLINE  

KylJoy

Dragonstomper

• 585 posts
  • Intellibeardist

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 8:26 PM

+ 1 - Mystic Castle

+ 1 - Shark! Shark! Part Deux

#45 fdr4prez OFFLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,023 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 8:36 PM

I'd hope that with the ever popular Ultimate Flashback, and other RetroPie projects, and with the anticipated release of the LTO Flash, there may be an uptick of ROM interest in future.

#46 freewheel OFFLINE  

freewheel

River Patroller

• 2,855 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 10:18 PM

This crowd will all buy one or more likely both of the upcoming flash carts. ROM releases will be very much appreciated, trust me. :D

#47 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 14,884 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 10:41 PM

I'd hope that with the ever popular Ultimate Flashback, and other RetroPie projects, and with the anticipated release of the LTO Flash, there may be an uptick of ROM interest in future.

How many Intv fans do you guess have made the jump to U.F.  and/or Pi?

#48 Utopia OFFLINE  

Utopia

Dragonstomper

• 615 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 10:55 PM

I would like to but gave up on my Pi a year ago. I should get it out and have another go at it and see if I can get it working.

#49 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 14,884 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 11:04 PM

I would like to but gave up on my Pi a year ago. I should get it out and have another go at it and see if I can get it working.

There is that Pi thread in the forums here, Im sure you may find help there.

#50 fdr4prez OFFLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,023 posts

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 11:05 PM

Surely not enough.  But many of the recent releases haven't had a ROM release, so where's the incentive to move to, or use, an U.F., and/or Pi, if you can't play the current stuff?

But that is also where the LTO Flash can come into play with ROM releases.  Why open your newly purchased CIB when you can also purchase the ROM and preserve your CIB purchase?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users