Super Pro Baseball by Intelligentvision coming soon

271 replies to this topic

#51 KylJoy OFFLINE  

KylJoy

Dragonstomper

• 747 posts
  • Intellibeardist

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2016 11:14 PM

Why open your newly purchased CIB when you can also purchase the ROM and preserve your CIB purchase?

This.  I want the boxed game and I want the ROMs.  Both!

#52 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 9,969 posts
  • Triple-Stripe Mo' Bro

Posted Wed Jun 8, 2016 3:17 AM

I'd hope that with the ever popular Ultimate Flashback, and other RetroPie projects, and with the anticipated release of the LTO Flash, there may be an uptick of ROM interest in future.

This crowd will all buy one or more likely both of the upcoming flash carts. ROM releases will be very much appreciated, trust me. :D

People wanting ROMs? yes that's very possible.  People paying for ROMs?  Maybe not so much...

#53 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,732 posts

Posted Wed Jun 8, 2016 3:21 AM

+ 1 - Mystic Castle
+ 1 - Shark! Shark! Part Deux

add me as well. +++

#54 intellivotion OFFLINE  

intellivotion

River Patroller

• 2,225 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Wed Jun 8, 2016 7:50 AM

Why open your newly purchased CIB when you can also purchase the ROM and preserve your CIB purchase?

Because I love to handle the cart and to 'insert it to that line' when I have time. I also love to read the manual and to put the overlays in my special overlays organizer :)
I guess I'm crazy

#55 grips03 OFFLINE  

grips03

River Patroller

• 3,378 posts

Posted Wed Jun 8, 2016 9:01 AM

pcb only for me

#56 Eric7100 OFFLINE  

Eric7100

River Patroller

• 3,180 posts

Posted Wed Jun 8, 2016 11:07 AM

This is why I used to buy duplicate CIBs, until Rev... ah, nevermind...

#57 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 15,513 posts

Posted Wed Jun 8, 2016 11:45 AM

This is why I used to buy duplicate CIBs, until Rev... ah, nevermind...

I see what you did there!

#58 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 2,220 posts

Posted Wed Jun 8, 2016 11:58 AM

... My model is now to release ROMs but so few of you care for ROMs....

Is that based on previous sales or comments/feedback.  With cartridges you get collectors, speculators, and players, and some buy multiples.  Rom only and you might just get players.  Also internet forums are not always representative of the community; lots of people read but never post a comment.  Right now on Atariage there are 116 members online and 455 guests (some guests are likely members).

#59 intvdave OFFLINE  

intvdave

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 699 posts

Posted Wed Jun 8, 2016 12:36 PM

Based on my experience over the last 10 years. I do not rely on this forum. I do have a website and have communicated with many gamers and collectors over the years.

The only reason I released games CIB was to relive the feeling when I was a kid. The games I am releasing now are nothing new and will not create that feeling. SP Tennis was a special one-off  release and Super Chef BT was a tie-in as I liked to release 2 games at a time. Ms Night Stalker only happened as a tie in to Ms PacMan.

#60 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Intellivision Hoarder

• 11,463 posts
  • But Atari Rules!

Posted Wed Jun 8, 2016 12:54 PM

Well we know where I stand on the having a CIB release if at all possible for all games, but having stated my bias I really like the artwork that Gil and your team have put together over the years and I must admit I was really looking forward to seeing what you might create for Mystic Castle in particular.

Obviously I will be buying both of these in whatever form they come out in especially since the original games are two of my favourites. Thanks again for releasing these David, people will really enjoy playing both of these titles.

#61 KylJoy OFFLINE  

KylJoy

Dragonstomper

• 747 posts
  • Intellibeardist

Posted Wed Jun 8, 2016 1:23 PM

I guess I'm crazy

No, I agree. The full experience is tactile as well. I want to smell plastic and cardboard.

#62 SiLic0ne t0aD OFFLINE  

SiLic0ne t0aD

River Patroller

• 2,170 posts
  • Rock 'N Roller, Space Patroller

Posted Wed Jun 8, 2016 2:10 PM

PCB's are fine with me

#63 Fushek OFFLINE  

Fushek

Stargunner

• 1,528 posts
  • Actively Seeking Spiker!

Posted Wed Jun 8, 2016 9:28 PM

Based on my experience over the last 10 years. I do not rely on this forum. I do have a website and have communicated with many gamers and collectors over the years.

The only reason I released games CIB was to relive the feeling when I was a kid. The games I am releasing now are nothing new and will not create that feeling. SP Tennis was a special one-off  release and Super Chef BT was a tie-in as I liked to release 2 games at a time. Ms Night Stalker only happened as a tie in to Ms PacMan.

So what you're saying is ... you need a second game to release with Super Pro Baseball  ;)

#64 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 8,461 posts

Posted Wed Jun 8, 2016 9:40 PM

I'd be in for all of Super Pro Baseball, Mystic Castle, BIplanes, Air Strike, and/or Shark Shark.  PCBs would be fine, but obligatory request for CIB   :-D

#65 Utopia OFFLINE  

Utopia

Dragonstomper

• 692 posts

Posted Thu Jun 9, 2016 2:10 AM

I'd be in for all of Super Pro Baseball, Mystic Castle, BIplanes, Air Strike, and/or Shark Shark.  PCBs would be fine, but obligatory request for CIB   :-D

A board only will be fine.

#66 Byte Knight OFFLINE  

Byte Knight

Stargunner

• 1,044 posts
  • Robinett Rules!

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:28 AM

Looking forward to the rom release - thanks for including this option!

#67 intvdave OFFLINE  

intvdave

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 699 posts

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:53 AM

As a side note. I have put off releasing this game for 2 years. The wife just walked in and said she was happy to see it about to see the light of day. I had continued struggling to release it but now I know it needs to happen.

#68 intellivotion OFFLINE  

intellivotion

River Patroller

• 2,225 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:30 AM

please say also thank to your wife  :)

#69 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Intellivision Hoarder

• 11,463 posts
  • But Atari Rules!

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:17 AM

As a side note. I have put off releasing this game for 2 years. The wife just walked in and said she was happy to see it about to see the light of day. I had continued struggling to release it but now I know it needs to happen.

Yes David, we're all big fans of your wife, we love how she encourages you to keep putting out fun to play games. :)

#70 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 15,513 posts

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:15 PM

I'm certain she loves CIB as well!

#71 intvdave OFFLINE  

intvdave

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 699 posts

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:25 PM

I'm certain she loves CIB as well!

She was curious what artwork we would have come up for Mystic Castle but she no longer cares for CIB. I think Ms Night Stalker was great artwork to end with. It is my favorite box.

She thinks the game board approach is best. She does not miss the many nights of assembling boxes. It will be curious to see how much support there will be for the game boards. All i am trying to do is get the game out there for people to play.

#72 fdr4prez OFFLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,436 posts

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:30 PM

She was curious what artwork we would have come up for Mystic Castle but she no longer cares for CIB. I think Ms Night Stalker was great artwork to end with. It is my favorite box.

She thinks the game board approach is best. She does not miss the many nights of assembling boxes. It will be curious to see how much support there will be for the game boards. All i am trying to do is get the game out there for people to play.

Happy wife = happy life = happy Intv community, too

#73 Eric7100 OFFLINE  

Eric7100

River Patroller

• 3,180 posts

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:38 PM

She thinks the game board approach is best.

Tell your wife she is wrong.

#74 fdr4prez OFFLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,436 posts

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:48 PM

Tell your wife she is wrong.

Now that you've gotten rid of all your spares, do you have one to mount the board in?

Hopefully you've kept a few. 

I've got a few non-working carts, and a P-Touch labeler, so I am good to go for a board ;)

Plus I've got a Pi2 for emulation, so I am good to go for a ROM  ;)

#75 Eric7100 OFFLINE  

Eric7100

River Patroller

• 3,180 posts

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:02 PM

Now that you've gotten rid of all your spares, do you have one to mount the board in?

I have no more spares.  I'll get one, somehow.  But I still won't be able to display this game proudly on a shelf, unless Hatman hooks me up.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users