IGNORED

Requesting JVC X'eye repair service!

Ghudda

Greetings, Atari Age! First and foremost, I apologize if this belongs in the Wanted section of BST, but I thought I'd give Hardware a shot. long story short, I have an X'eye I originally purchased off eBay (advertised as not working). Being naive, and thinking it would be a simple repair, such as a capacitor replacement, etc. I purchased the X'eye and it's become much more trouble than I originally thought.

Detailed descriptions/photos of the issue/PCB from other forums:

Assembler: http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/jvc-xeye-power-but-no-bios-pictures.60015/

Racketboy: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=49796

Symptoms:

Console "powers on", but only get a black screen, no BIOS splash screen, etc. Red power LED lights up on the CD board, but everything is pretty unresponsive.

There is corrosion underneath one of the RAM chips, and there was not continuity to some of the legs of the chip.

I believe this board experienced either water damage or was kept in a humid garage closet or in a home with a heavy smoker.

What I've done:

Full cap replacement, double checked that caps were placed properly, and went back over all caps with soldering iron to check for cold soldering joints, etc.

Checked voltage regulator, and it seems to read 5v, which seems normal.

Physically bridged the points on the chip that were not making connection

What I need:

Although I'm handy with a soldering iron, I know little to nothing about diagnosing PCBs/electrical components. I really need a pair of experienced eyes to take a look at this, and someone who is comfortable with potential IC chip removal/replacement.

I'm willing to pay for the diagnostics alone, obviously, as well as any repairs that can be made (if any) to the board itself.

Sorry if I'm missing some details, or am being to vague. Also sorry for redirecting to threads on other forums, I'm just pretty fatigued from describing the issue in detail too many times.

Thanks for y'alls help! If someone feels comfortable taking a look at this for me, or knows of someone who could, let me know!