IGNORED

New video reviews: Amigos Plays Atari 800

BoatofCar

Hi everyone, my buddy and I host an Amiga podcast, but there's a soft spot in our hearts for the Atari 8 bit line. We're going to start doing mini reviews of A8 games on our Youtube channel. Here are the first two.

Miner 2049er

Missile Command

Please let me know what you think or if you have any game suggestions!

• Like 6

Thanks! I put a lot of work into getting everything set up just right, and I'm glad it's appreciated :)

I altered the original layout a bit to make the game screen larger. Here are a couple new ones.

ClausB, Star Raiders is definitely on the list!

Chopper Command!!!....Chopper Command...How dare you, wash your mouth out...

:)

(said at the end of the video)

That aside, like the idea although the Chopper Rescue video was more you playing and no real review, yeah I know, its hard to play AND review especially with a game that demands you be very careful so please don't take it as a downer.

Keep them coming....

By the way, give Chopper Rescue more time, the later screens are great fun and its got that just one more go thing down to a tee...

Edited by Mclaneinc

The aspect ratio doesn't look right. Atari doesn't have the fat borders left/right of the display like C64 does. For the most part you'd want about 336 hires pixels covering the screen horizontally where on C64 you'd probably see about 376. Vertically you'd probably want 240-248. Though you could crop each slightly to make it fill the screen better.

That's the problem of using bezels (I presume that's what you are using?) to do the picture in picture, wrong sized bezel and then it all goes to poop..

As for the gamepack, thank you for the kind words, sadly its very much on hold while both me (my daughter) and Starwindz are going through family illness..

I'm not saying its dead as I still have lots of work I meant to do for it but when the programming side (starwindz) is also one hell of a busy man with his job AND these illness issues its hard to get the time.

To Para phrase Arnie, "I'll try to be back"

:thumbsup:

Just watched the first one Miner 2049'er being played... extremely badly :P very funny when you were figuring out the controls and managed to move left just as the bug got you! I did find myself shouting at the screen to get the last few squares before going down the chute on level 2! Your play did show the learning curve on Miner which is another great thing about the game.

Strangely very enjoyable watching other people play, look forward to viewing another one on my next assemble :)

How about a scathing review of my game Ramp Rage ;)

:thumbsup:

Just watched the first one Miner 2049'er being played... extremely badly :P very funny when you were figuring out the controls and managed to move left just as the bug got you! I did find myself shouting at the screen to get the last few squares before going down the chute on level 2! Your play did show the learning curve on Miner which is another great thing about the game.

Strangely very enjoyable watching other people play, look forward to viewing another one on my next assemble :)

How about a scathing review of my game Ramp Rage ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Ramp Rage, eh? I'll give that a go, sure!

Rybags, here is a newer video. Does this aspect ratio look better? I apologize for the sound--I thought connecting 2 USB mics would sync correctly. Nope!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys, it's been awhile but I've got a new video! After many attempts, I was unable to get a clean video signal out of my 1200XL to my capture card, but I really like playing on real hardware, so from here on out all my videos will be filmed from my 1200XL attached to a 1702 :)

• Like 4