IGNORED

The 2016 Activision Patches Summer Quest.

Nutsy Doodleheimer

#5 - Sky Jinks - 00:36.11

post-39575-0-78440500-1466550775_thumb.png

Another patch that needed emulation, this one took a little bit of practice. At first I had no clue what to even do, then I looked at the manual on here (I'm so glad that that 2600 section with the scans and all that exists...) and I took a few days of just practicing the route to get it - I kept getting 39-41 seconds but I just finally got under 37.

• Like 2

One more for the day.

#6 - Starmaster (Ensign (Order of the Supreme Starmaster)) - 3961 points

post-39575-0-33940500-1466566844_thumb.jpg

Alright, so last year this was the one that stumped me as I got all the patch requirements but the last one, and I think I quit on this game. So, this year, I'm going to take it slow and all that good stuff. Starting off with the base, Order of the Supreme Starmaster, which is an easy patch to me - I think I'll try to get Leader/Wing Commander/Starmaster throughout the rest of the week though.

• Like 1

Oh, day 5 is enough ? Because I already did it, but I thought we'd have to *complete* day 5, which means "reach day 6".

Nope just complete day 4 and reach the 5th day. The best indicator to let you know that you earned the patch is the trophy icon appearing to the left of the total number of cars needed to pass in the current level.

• Like 1

I think we all need to take an intermission and relive 1982-1983 all over again. All of the Activision commercials for your enjoyment. :)

Action Games

Activision Christmas

Barnstorming

Chopper Command

Decathlon

Dolphin

Enduro

Feeway

Frostbite

Grand Prix

Ice Hockey (My absolute favorite)

Kaboom!

Keystone Kapers

Laser Blast

Megamania

Pitfall!

Plaque Attack

River Raid

Robot Tank

Seaquest

Skiing

Spider Fighter

Stampede

Starmaster

Tennis

• Like 2

It took me several days (started trying on Saturday), and last night I finally got a time to qualify for the patch in dragster. Definitely the hardest one I've got so far. I don't know how I did it, as before this the lowest I got is 6.11, and it didn't seem like the qualifying run was any good while I was doing it. I was shocked at the final time.Would have a hard time doing it again I'm sure. I never really liked the game previous to this, but kind of got addicted to trying to beat 6 seconds. Now that I've done it, I doubt I'll play anymore of it. I also got the patch for river raid. But I had to do that one on the Activision Anthology (PS2), as I've exhausted my activision cart collection. I prefer to play on the actual hardware, but the 80s soundtrack on the compilation is nice.

post-30697-0-27315000-1466717981_thumb.jpg

post-30697-0-96087900-1466717996_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I have 12 patches to go to earn to get all the Activision patches for the Atari 2600. Here is what I got left.

Beamrider: I am ok at it but not great. My best score is around 30,000 and getting to Sector 13. I need to get more patience with it. There is a lot of cheap and total ass moves by the enemies that fire at you resulting in a cheap death. And makes me want to throw the controller at the tv.

Dolphin (Secret Society): I can easily get a 6 figure score and around half the total of the 300,000 requirement. That one is out of my reach however.

Kabobber: Have never played this game and it looks fun and intriguing. Will definetley give it a shot.

Kaboom!: I always thought this was the most overrated Activision game and I generally don't like paddle games very much. My highest score is in the 800 range. I highly doubt I'll get 3,000. I lose patience easily with this one.

Private Eye: I am fiddling around with this game and searching the walkthroughs on getting Case 3 tips. I'll give it a go eventually and it looks like a fun game.

Pitfall 2 Lost Caverns: I can get this easily but haven't got to it yet. A great game. My best score was around 180,000.

Robot Tank: I was one darn patch away from 60 to get Cross of Excellence! X( So bummed. Getting the Star of Honor (72+) is extremely difficult and is for hardcore gamers. My previous best was 56 and I will try for 60 sometime.

Space Shuttle: Don't know if I'll go for the two patches for it. The Space Shuttle Pilot and Commander patches. I don't understand the game well enough and will need to give it a try.

Starmaster: I almost got Wing Commander but I believe I'll get it. My best was around 7,400 which is 200 shy. Starmaster is tough to earn but I'll give it a go.

Anyways, all of my gaming has been done on my Atari 2600 Light Sixer system using the Wico Command bat handle controller.

14667336349931754822240_zpsdw311rgo.jpg?

• Like 1