IGNORED

In the spirit of community, a new release is announced!

Tarzilla

I can't tell if you are joking or not.

I've already thought about it. Given that Guitar Hero/Rock Band guitars can be had for about a buck a piece, modifying a bunch to work with the Intellivision matrix would be fairly easy. It'd be a pretty limited interest homebrew, and shipping would be a killer, but it's definitely possible.

• Like 1

So we've got the Music Synthesizer using the ECS's controller ports. You then have the jack used for the cassette … Could that be used as an input? The guitar uses one controller input… Could you rig another controller adapter for Synsonics drum kit? Or would an 8-bit A/D be sufficient for some simple microphone input? Perhaps you have a more sophisticated setup where the mic adapter does some A/D and FFT work to get frequencies that you then translate into wether you're hitting notes or not. Piece o' cake, right? ;)

So we've got the Music Synthesizer using the ECS's controller ports. You then have the jack used for the cassette … Could that be used as an input? The guitar uses one controller input… Could you rig another controller adapter for Synsonics drum kit? Or would an 8-bit A/D be sufficient for some simple microphone input? Perhaps you have a more sophisticated setup where the mic adapter does some A/D and FFT work to get frequencies that you then translate into wether you're hitting notes or not. Piece o' cake, right? ;)

Not to be a "Debbie Downer" on the Rock Band brainstorm session and I'm not a programmer but my initial thought would be to just focus on creating another really good game for the ECS Music Synthesizer so we can actually use it to play more than just Melody Blaster and not worry about the rest of the instruments? Most of us don't have tons of friends banging down our front doors to play Intellivision with us and can be hard enough to get someone to play most of the sports games with you where two players are required. Would not imagine most of us ever playing with multiple instruments at once even if they could be developed. Would definitely be nice to get more use out of my Music Synthesizer... You could even include "Stairway to Heaven" as one of the tracks for some of the folks on this thread! :P But, of course, this is just my opinion and any further musical game developed I would definitely want to purchase as I really enjoy that gaming genre.

To comment on what this thread this actually for: I'll definitely buy a copy of the multiple game cart for Oscar and wish his family the very best.

Bravo, guys! What a fantastic idea for a great guy. And the game looks very cool.

Now about those Guitar Hero adapters...

Sent from my Intellivision ECS using Intelli-Tapatalk

We will talk after you are done the Xbox Dance Mat adapters, and only then.
  • Like 1