IGNORED

Retro-Bit Generations

All arcade or a mix of consoles and arcade? Also how is the emulation quality this time around? The last one left something to be desired... :roll:

The video states arcades but I am not holding my breath. Piko stated the new version has new HW and they fixed SNES timing (...yeah... maybe there's more than one new version around).

Also in the video if I heard it right they said they are still working to make the first RGB "right" ... I hope they do release a fixed FW, proper emu speed for SNES would be the minimum ... this one too no apnea for me, I just don't quite see it happening.

I bet that hurt like hell.

Not really. Getting way off topic here but story time:

A couple weeks after my dad passed away in 2002, one afternoon my friend and I sat around the living room opening my dad's old oxygen tanks and "huffing" it straight out of the bottle. You can open the valve with a pair of pliers and it makes a loud hissing sound, get really cold and sometimes forms frost around the nozzle when gas escapes without a regulator. I kinda felt light-headed and floaty walking around the room, felt like Earth gravity was less than normal. I also lit a couple candles and the flame coming off the wick was higher than normal, like two inches so the oxygen levels in the living room were definitely elevated. Anyway I don't think there's major health risk of Hyperoxia resulting from short term exposure to elevated oxygen levels at normal atmospheric pressures.

We were both in our early 20s being stupid. I later found out from my mom that Redball Oxygen charged us for all those oxygen tanks my friend and I emptied. They were going to credit my mom pro-rated for the unused oxygen but all the tanks were empty when they came to pick them up. She flat out asked me when did I let the oxygen out of those tanks and I had to fess up. BUSTED!!! :dunce:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I started a thread about the "Retrocade" in Dedicated Systems, but I suppose I'm the only one Dedicated enough to actually check that dusty old corner of the forum.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/270703-retro-bit-super-retrocade-with-capcom-data-east-games/

I dunno, it looks "fine." It will come down to price and performance. After the Generations, I won't be jumping on this until I see some reviews. The game selection looks a lot better on this one ... at least if you like quarter-munching arcade games (I do).

• Like 4

I started a thread about the "Retrocade" in Dedicated Systems, but I suppose I'm the only one Dedicated enough to actually check that dusty old corner of the forum.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/270703-retro-bit-super-retrocade-with-capcom-data-east-games/

I dunno, it looks "fine." It will come down to price and performance. After the Generations, I won't be jumping on this until I see some reviews. The game selection looks a lot better on this one ... at least if you like quarter-munching arcade games (I do).

I hope it's not the NES ports of Ghosts n Goblins, Karate Champ and Bad Dudes. However 1943 on the NES is actually really good albeit tough.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. There won't be a twice for them. I have an original release generations, with Alfred Chicken. Shoot me an offer and I'll consider it. Yes it's bad. USB controller but only the stock one works, and it's terrible china clone quality.

Does it still have an SD card slot? Hopefully we can still add our romz to the collection.

The old rertro-bit gen was"capable" of playing all of the CPS1 games and I'd say 50% of the CPS2 (none of the fighters) .... not that it was great at it but still maybe they polished their FBA/Mame emulator to a point that it works relatively well and one wouldn't mind to trade some inaccuracies for the plug-n-play on HDMI. Hopefully they update their meager old CPU with a beefier Allwinner H8 or R16 (like the NES-mini) ... we'll see.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...