IGNORED

Retro-Bit Generations

Is that the arcade or NES version? :) Opens itself to huge deserved shots if it's the console one as it's on the NES Classic Edition.

The context implies that it's the arcade version, but I still think it's a red flag if a 25 year old arcade game can't run well.

• Like 1

How many people will still buy this considering how bad the first one was?

When the company admits the prior product was garbage, it’s worth paying attention to. They’re saying the emphasis is on quality this time.

Why the emphasis wasn’t on quality last time, who knows...

• Like 3

I think perhaps the emphasis on quality has two directions.

They want to try and re-sucker existing buyers into it again, or find another line of chumps because:

* It still sucks so get the sales up front

* They're truly apologetic and found another cheap but well better performing piece of hardware that will get the job done

Either way for anyone aware at this rate the trust is shot and know it they do.

• Like 2

So it's just a reskin of the Generations with different ROMs.

Not that this was in doubt, just that this is the first they're admitting it's underpowered out of the box

No, Generations ran on a Actions chipset. (don't even know what was based on, I think their own OS) Retrocade I was told is android. You can tell the difference by the way.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see some owner based write ups or videos on it, not the usual youtube bj group that get freebies so they sugar coat reviews (they know who they are.) It seems like a nice idea, but that first one was just so bad.

Id like to see that too, but the text reviews Ive seen seem pretty candid. Its not the steaming pile of rancid hippo poo that the RBG was, but still has its flaws.

I suppose if its a convenient way to play a game you really want, its worth it. But, IMO, Retro-bit needed to knock this one out of the park to get their credibility back, and they havent done that:

• Like 1