Photo

Upcoming Jaguar SD Cartridge

388 replies to this topic

#376 aminor00 OFFLINE  

aminor00

Star Raider

• 85 posts

Posted Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:55 PM

Hi everybody, this is my first time posting here, I'm from Brazil, and I just can't wait for the day where I'll finally be able to buy a flashcart for my Atari Jaguar. Thanks a lot for doing this, SainT  :-D 

Welcome! It's exciting news isn't it. I'm looking forward to being able to finally play those Jaguar games that never come up for sale.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#377 JagChris OFFLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 3,055 posts

Posted Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:22 PM

I intend to have debugging facilities, including connection to the debug header on the Jag PCB for NMI and memory read / write debug breakpoints. This will be controlled from the USB connection on the board.

Ignore my post saint I replied to wrong guy.

#378 SainT OFFLINE  

SainT

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 548 posts

Posted Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:24 AM

I intend to have debugging facilities, including connection to the debug header on the Jag PCB for NMI and memory read / write debug breakpoints. This will be controlled from the USB connection on the board.

Ignore my post saint I replied to wrong guy.Ignore my post saint I replied to wrong guy.

Yeah, it's still relevant though. Your comment seemed to be saying that the cart I'm working on didn't have any debugging capabilities, hence I assume the "shooting yourself in the foot" comment to do with selling a skunkboard. I just wanted to point out this wasnt the case, infact with the connection from the header (U32 I think?) on the Jag PCB it can be as functional as an Alpine board. This gives connection to IPL2 on the 68k as well as the FC1/2 outputs so its possible to use this as a debugging / monitor interrupt. Coupled with a USB connection to the onboard micro, this does infact allow a nice workable debugging solution from a PC.

#379 pirataga ONLINE  

pirataga

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:52 AM

Thanks aminor00 for the reception :-D  :thumbsup:  and SainT, you're doing God's work with that flashcart, man, pun intended. I own 27 or 28 consoles (I mean, not 27 jaguars, I have only one of those), I love my collection and I'll be really happy to be able to play all or at least most atari jaguar games on my console  :-D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

#380 EzdineG ONLINE  

EzdineG

Space Invader

• 14 posts

Posted Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:40 AM

Saint, as a happy customer of your Lynx SD card I'd like to chime in and let you know you can count on a purchase for one of these too.  Thanks for doing what you do.

#381 Gemintronic OFFLINE  

Gemintronic

Jason S. - Lead Developer & CEO

• 8,779 posts

Posted Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:01 AM

No. I actually quoted the wrong person dammit.

Was trying to quote gemini or whoever.

Ignore my post saint I replied to wrong guy.

Could just scroll up a bit to see my user name. Unless your memory allocation function overflowed and couldn't handle all 11 characters. Happens to me as well!

#382 SainT OFFLINE  

SainT

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 548 posts

Posted Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:16 PM

Eurgh, getting very close to having something I can send to the PCB fab house now to actually start doing some physical testing. This is the most complex PCB I've routed (this is only about my 5th proper project, so not surprising I guess), and it does start to drive you slightly mental after a few days at it...  :o

#383 pirataga ONLINE  

pirataga

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:40 PM

My budget is very limited, but If possible, when the flashcart is finished, I plan to pay you a little extra for you to buy a 12 beer pack as an incentive, SainT   :grin:  :thumbsup:

#384 Zerosquare OFFLINE  

Zerosquare

River Patroller

• 2,167 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:46 AM

it does start to drive you slightly mental after a few days at it...  :o

When you start rearranging brightly-colored lines over and over again in your dreams at night, you know it's time for a break. Are you there yet? :D

Edited by Zerosquare, Yesterday, 12:47 AM.

#385 AtariDean OFFLINE  

AtariDean

Star Raider

• 84 posts

Posted Yesterday, 3:14 AM

[quote name="Zerosquare" post="3727058" timestamp="1490510767"]

When you start rearranging brightly-colored lines over and over again in your dreams at night, you know it's time for a break. Are you there yet? :D[/quote

When's the pre order list coming Saint

#386 SainT OFFLINE  

SainT

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 548 posts

Posted Yesterday, 4:48 AM

I wasn't planning on starting any preorders until I'd got the cart functional, but given the amount of interest I may set something up before then, as it seems people are keen to get their names down as soon as possible. :) I'll announce here when it's open, anyhow.

#387 SainT OFFLINE  

SainT

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 548 posts

Posted Yesterday, 4:50 AM

When you start rearranging brightly-colored lines over and over again in your dreams at night, you know it's time for a break. Are you there yet? :D

Lol, not far off! I do go to sleep thinking about routing, Microcontrollers and ic's a lot of the time... :)

#388 doctor_shred OFFLINE  

doctor_shred

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:09 AM

I'm certainly very interested in having one of these.  Keep up the good work!

#389 DEATH OFFLINE  

DEATH

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Today, 3:45 PM

Hello,

Will the cartridge support the "fastrom" mode (2 cycles)?
(If it operates ... I think Zerosquare once said that this mode was bugged, but it did not say why)

And the cartridge will be 16 or 32 bit (or ... 8 :)?

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users