IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

I've been feeling pretty human the last 10 days or so. I have to say CDB oil has been extremely useful to me -- very pleased they legalised it over here! :)

Latest news: I've been populating the latest JagSD PCB, and its booting from the FLASH, which is the first bare minimum component test I do. Next up I'll be adding in the CPLD, Microcontroller and SDRAM and seeing if all that works. :)

I'm also now doing regular updates on Twitter -- https://twitter.com/TheRetroHQ

Seems the right time to join everyone in the last decade and start using it... Twitter is almost retro now, right? ;)

post-37728-0-29504900-1521047720_thumb.jpg

post-37728-0-70282500-1521047727_thumb.jpg

• Like 21

Great to hear you're doing better, and to hear that CBD is helping more people!

My cat just had his leg removed and I'm giving him some as well.

Also just got my license for medical cannabis which is new in my state and still requires a legit condition.

I must say it helps my symptoms way more than the stuff I wasn't supposed to have, probably in part cause of vape instead of smoke.

Can't wait for this, especially looking forward to the ability to load CD images as there's many there I haven't had access to ever.

I got my Jag in the last 10 years, but from what people are saying, I must have got it shortly before the price spiked cause it was pretty cheap with a few games.

I did have a friend with one when they were new, and pretty much stayed at his house more than my own for a couple of years, including when he got it, so I have some Jag nostalgia for sure.

• Like 1

I would drop the wifi module. It adds needless complication to the project.

It's optional, it may or may not get supported in the initial release. But by adding the space / connectivity on the PCB, it means it can be added later through firmware and the end user adding the module. Adding the WiFi module is a soldering job anyone could do...

Edited by SainT
  • Like 12

Wi-Fi module is an awesome idea. Ha, right now I am using an NFS mount with my Raspberry Pi for roms, Just so I don't have to worry about space. Would be extremely nice to be able to do the same here.

Sorry if this was mentioned before...

Is the Wifi module only used for ROM loading, or does it serve some multi-user function?

-Brian

Ha, clearly it is to program/design well for it. So I think we should get some more/better drugs to VladR so he can finish up his engine work and release his STUN runner clone. :)

Thanks, but while I support the idea of recreational drugs for health management, I don't partake :)

Once or twice a month I get a hit of RedBull, which greatly accelerates all neuron synapses (veeery good for coding).

Besides, right now I'm busy with 6502 fltashading research, so jag will have to wait a bit more...

To be fair with the whole original Jag library at < 100 games each < 6MB that's less than 1GB ... I think 512MB is more like it ... obviously this does not count the awesome ports from CJ (and some are still on sale: Xenon 2 for example).

The only ones out are the CD based which are not so many (~15) at <800MB each -> < 12GB ... likely less than that (not sure if because of the encryption the games have to fill the whole space, can't remember it's been quite some time, the experts will chime in on this)

So 16GB would likely be plenty .... now the card may spur new "CD sized" homebrews .... that we can't predict, but for all of the original releases you're set for good with small sizes microSDs.