IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

I'll have a look again before long. I actually revisited a few days later and the behavior with the same code changed... :( The odd thing is, I've not noticed any issues with games. If it was my hardware causing issues, I'd expect to see problems elsewhere.... really confusing.

• Like 5

He's very quiet...

I bet his Jag Cave is a flurry of activity!

On a related note:

I wonder if it would be possible to purchase ROMs of games that are sold in the shop for use on this cart?

Good idea?

Bad idea?

Difficult to implement in a non-exploitable way?

• Like 1

He's very quiet...

On a related note:

I wonder if it would be possible to purchase ROMs of games that are sold in the shop for use on this cart?

Good idea?

Bad idea?

Purchasing ROMs of these games would be nice.

He's very quiet...

On a related note:

Good idea?

Bad idea?

As long as your delivering said cart of rom with purchase, sure.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I follow...

Surely it would defeat the purpose of buying a ROM to use on the sd cart if you had to purchase the full thing for full price.

You'd end up with a cart you wouldn't use :)

I'm guessing the majority of the price of these physical copies is the carts and packaging.

Meh.. It's probably unworkable anyway.

Somebody would just upload the ROMs and that would be it.

Edited by Gummy Bear

I think that's what Goochman is saying.

That in order to get the rom for download you should have to buy the full copy.

That is the legal interpretation. Price is whatever someone is willing to sell for. This really isnt the place to ask about how to purchase ROMs illegally for an SD device. Now if the original creators of such carts offer them at a discount that would be great, but dont hold your breath for original releases.

That is the legal interpretation. Price is whatever someone is willing to sell for. This really isnt the place to ask about how to purchase ROMs illegally for an SD device. Now if the original creators of such carts offer them at a discount that would be great, but dont hold your breath for original releases.

It's about buying them legally from the the store and having money given to the author. Like mp3s or E-Books.

I think discussing the potential sale of ROMs (legally) should be in a separate thread of its own, and not part of this own.

Good idea.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 8:35 AM, leech said:

I always assumed it was for Atari ST. The Atari SainT.

Yeah, it's a legacy thing really! I started using forums mostly when I was writing SainT with Leonard, so used that nick. I've not worked actively on SainT for years, though, that's been Leonard working on that still! :)

Not much in the way of progress recently. I've got some of the PC side development / USB comms stuff implemented to reset the console from the PC. Next I'll be working on the console side server setup so you can easily test code from the PC.

Basically my next steps are getting everything (barring the CD emulation) complete and the menu system sorted out. I've been feeling crap yet again for the last month or so, so I've been concentrating on getting some Lynx and NGP carts shipped.

I'll be back onto Jag development shortly. :)

Edited by SainT
  • Like 6

Sucks that you've been feeling like crap again. I'm wondering if we should get bets whether or not I get my skunk board before you're ready with the SD cart. Because that's generally the way my luck goes, finally break down and order a skunk board just in time for the SD Cart to be released!