IGNORED

CorComp 9900 MES

Torrax

Is anyone using a Mean Well P25A13D-R1B power supply with a CorComp 9900 Micro Expansion System?

Yep. Works fine.

The "13D" is what I'm using on the CC 9900 PES. The "13A" is what I'm using as a whole /4A power supply.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I was looking at my CC MES last night ( it is disassembled into it's various boards) and was trying to figure out what was going on with it. After I first got it 2 years ago, I was copying disks to my Gotek and the drives were not mounted in a box, so they were, well floppy. After about 50 disk and changing around some drives, trying to find one that would read the disks, hopefully successfully, the CC MES enclosure would pull away from the TI from time to time and I would have to power down push it back in and restart. One night it happened and then the MES would cause the TI to lock up with a blank screen, and this happened with any console, so I knew the problem had to be in the MES.

I replaced the soldered on chips with sockets on the RS232 portion and replaced all the chips with new stuff, and tried it, still same result. so after trying other things, I put it on the back burner till I felt like hitting it again.

Well since I don't have a working PEB right now, the last two nights, I got back to it. I looked at my soldering and even removed the new swipe sockets with machine sockets and still no screen, though I could feel the 9902 chips were getting very warm (Iam only trying the RS232 portion right now) I then pulled the cover of the MES (did I say that I ever reassembled it) off the shelf and plugged the power led light in and it lights up, then pressed the power switch and voila, the screen came up.

Does anyone know anything about these units? Does the LED's have to be plugged in to complete the circuit?

Anyhow I then plugged the disk controller board back on and when I try to catalog a disk (no drive attached) the disk light blinks, so I think it is beig seen, but he 32k ram is not functioning. When I replaced the chips, I also replaced the 9901's, it has two, one on each board, with Chinese units, so I ask the question, does the 32k ram use the 9901? Would this cause the memory to not be seen, the memory light does, flicker when trying to run SIZE from XB?

Anyhow tonight I am going to try to get the memory circuit fixed, then see if it will read a disk and work.

Well it is functioning though not well, the memory showed up once in CorComp diagnostics and checked out, then fizzled. I believe now that the whole problem has been the connectors, where the lower and upper boards are pushed together, something like a GramKracker for those that have never seen one open, though you may not have seen the internal workings of a GK either. ;)

Anyhow I will need to locate some replacement female ends for the upper board (may just be the 2 pin one, close to the eprom) and replace them(it) and see if it fixes it. I noticed the other day that the 9902's were getting warm, and last night, the WD1773 was rather warm too. But the voltages on the PS seem to be fine and I don't see anything shorting out.

When it is over it will be sporting almost all new logic chips and new sockets for the lower board, so it should last a good long time

• Like 1