Photo

anyone ever find A Nightmare on Elm Street NES prototype?

6 replies to this topic

#1 stringfellow OFFLINE  

stringfellow

Moonsweeper

• 463 posts

Posted Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:41 AM

I remember prior to Nightmare on Elm Street being released seeing print advertising for the game showing very different screen shots with a description stating that you could play as Freddy. Then the game is released and it is totally different. I was just hoping that someone had released a prototype.

#2 PingvinBlueJeans OFFLINE  

PingvinBlueJeans

River Patroller

• 4,339 posts
  • Eat It

Posted Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:36 PM

As far as I know, nothing has been found much less released. The game seems to have been at least playable, so a proto may be out there somewhere. But NES betas are mighty hard to come across.

http://lostmediawiki...m_Street_(Beta)

#3 Supergun OFFLINE  

Supergun

Dragonstomper

• 757 posts

Posted Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:27 PM

Well, check with Dream, Beagle, and MrMark. Combined they have or have had about 90% of the known NES protos go through their hands.

#4 Lauren Tyler OFFLINE  

Lauren Tyler

River Patroller

• 2,742 posts
  • Ragolian Ranger

Posted Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:35 PM

I had read a similar advertisement myself.  More than likely it was rejected because of Nintendo of America's policies at the time.

#5 stringfellow OFFLINE  

stringfellow

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 463 posts

Posted Wed Jul 6, 2016 1:20 PM

Well, check with Dream, Beagle, and MrMark. Combined they have or have had about 90% of the known NES protos go through their hands.

Members here?

I had read a similar advertisement myself.  More than likely it was rejected because of Nintendo of America's policies at the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason.

#6 Supergun OFFLINE  

Supergun

Dragonstomper

• 757 posts

Posted Wed Jul 6, 2016 2:08 PM

I'm almost positive that all three are members here. But they rarely post here anyhow. They are far more active in the NintendoAge community, and can be found easily there if you search around a little bit.

(their screenames are slightly different; I abreviated them whereas not to cause them any possible spam)

#7 stringfellow OFFLINE  

stringfellow

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 463 posts

Posted Thu Jul 7, 2016 1:04 AM

I'm almost positive that all three are members here. But they rarely post here anyhow. They are far more active in the NintendoAge community, and can be found easily there if you search around a little bit.

(their screenames are slightly different; I abreviated them whereas not to cause them any possible spam)

thanks hopefully they have something. Always been a big Freddy Krueger fan so I loved the original game idea

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users