IGNORED

Wanted: Common 2600 Carts - Get a free AtariAge Sign!

Albert

Common Atari 2600 Carts Needed!
I need to rebuild my stock of donor 2600 carts for producing new homebrew games. I will pay $1 in AtariAge Store credit for every good cart you send me that I can use, plus I'll pay shipping to get the carts to me. This works best for larger batches of carts, and because of expensive international shipping, is really only feasible for those inside the US.
What is a "good" cart? A cartridge that is CLEAN, with no dirt, stains, marker, paint, or nail polish on the plastic. Carts must not have someone's name etched in the back, must not have been chewed by a dog, other animal, or human, and no pieces should be broken off the cart. And when I say clean, I really mean clean--dirt and stains are very difficult to remove from the textured surface of 2600 carts.
I can use any carts from Atari or Sears. Carts sent to me that do not meet these criteria will not receive store credit, and I'll be glad to send them back at the seller's expense.
I am also looking for 5200 and 7800 carts and will pay $2 and $3 for those in store credit respectively. 7800 carts must have BOTH pegs at the open end of the cart.
If you trade in 100 or more suitable carts (at one time), I will send you a FREE aluminum AtariAge sign!
These high-quality signs are made from a hybrid aluminum material by AtariAge user Crazy Climber, who has produced a variety of retro-themed signs.
AtariAgeSign_1.jpg

Look at that sexy sign! You know you want one! :D

Please PM me if you have some carts you'd like to trade in.

Thanks!

..Al

• Like 9

What happened to AtariAge making new shells so classic carts won't have to die?

atariage.com/forums/topic/214472-about-cartridges-molds-colors-etc-etc/?p=3038878

Yes, this still needs to happen. Current version of the shell still needs some work (trying to make sure the shell works well in all Atari systems), and then need to have a mold made and shells produced, which requires a large initial cash outlay.

..Al

• Like 1

Personally, I prefer using original carts as donors for controlled community releases. (on all cartridge game systems) Especially with regards to the mainstream systems from Atari, Nintendo, and Sega. Too many tree huggers give too much hell on the other forums for this practice, having no idea just how many millions of them were (over) produced during the systems lifespan.

Especially carts with ripped, torn, damaged, or missing labels. They are the perfect candidates. You'd be shocked just how much overstock many mom 'n pop stores have in their back rooms. You go through them all, grab a box load of the most common carts with the worst labels, and offer them $1 a piece, and they will sell them all.

(you won't make any money with this deal, but it will help Al continue to bring us what we want!)

Especially carts with ripped, torn, damaged, or missing labels. They are the perfect candidates. You'd be shocked just how much overstock many mom 'n pop stores have in their back rooms. You go through them all, grab a box load of the most common carts with the worst labels, and offer them $1 a piece, and they will sell them all.

(you won't make any money with this deal, but it will help Al continue to bring us what we want!)

I've had people do this for me and it's very helpful. However, I will say that the carts that have the "worst" labels, are often pretty poor carts for donors because they are often carts that haven't been treated well and are dirty or have other issues. But a clean cart in good condition with a poor label? Like you said, the condition of the label doesn't matter, so I'm happy to take those..

..Al

What happened to VGWIZ's mold? If it's still usable maybe a deal could be made and it could be cheaper than making a new one.
I don't think there's anyone else who could really be interested in it, so unless it's purchased by Atariage, it's just a doorstop...

What happened to VGWIZ's mold? If it's still usable maybe a deal could be made and it could be cheaper than making a new one.

I don't think there's anyone else who could really be interested in it, so unless it's purchased by Atariage, it's just a doorstop...

I inquired into this some time ago, as I would have been happy to purchase the mold from them. Unfortunately, they said the mold company "lost" the mold, otherwise they would have sold it to me. So, sadly, that is not an option.

..Al

Yes, this still needs to happen. Current version of the shell still needs some work (trying to make sure the shell works well in all Atari systems), and then need to have a mold made and shells produced, which requires a large initial cash outlay.

..Al

Am I wrong or was so-called 3D printing considered for this manufacturing process?

Can I have the Sears carts and I'll send some commons in for trade?

Absolutely the names are target fun, bowling. The third sears title is gunslinger but it does not have an end label. Also I have not tested any of these games but I'm 95 percent sure they will work like every other Atari games. Let me know if you still want them.