IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season #7 - Game 11 Lock N Chase

*Intellivision HSC Season 7*

(Game 11)

Lock N Chase

Mattel-Lock-n-Chase.jpg

Lock N Chase by Mattel 1982

lock_n_chase.gif

A fast-action chase game as you maneuver your thief through the maze, picking up coins and other treasures.

ROM Download Link

http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21542/intellivision/Lock-N-Chase-1982-Mattel.html

High Score Club Record

129,940 cparsley

Game Setting

PRESS DISC

Contest Ends
SUNDAY JULY 17TH 11:59PM EST

(HIGH SCORES)

1. 113,640 gezkc +15

2. 65,720 Oscar G. +14

3. 47,700 scalpel +13

4. 38,740 m-crew +12

5. 26,820 darthkur +11

6. 16,000 Ignorama +10

7. 12,260 S.BAZ +9

8. 11,240 roadrunner +8

Rankings after Game 10 (Q*bert)

1. Oscar G [136]

2. Ignorama [132]

3. m-crew [125]

4. JacobZu7zu7 [116]

5. scalpel [99]

6. roadrunner [69]

7. LidLikesIntellivision [64]

8. darthkur [60]

9. gezkc [57]

10. jblenkle [54]

11. S.BAZ [42]

12. patbb [26]

13. retrogamer81081 [23]

14. MangiaBoy [19]

15. nd2003grad [18]

16. gavv [12]

17. ed1475 [11]

Games Won

5 - Ignorama (Mission X, Shark! Shark!, Tron Deadly Discs, Pac-Man, Thin Ice)

1 - JacobZu7zu7 (Stampede)

2 - m-crew (Lady Bug, Donkey Kong Junior)

1 - gezkc (Happy Trails)

1 - scalpel (Q*bert)

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

This is a fantastic game!

Great scores m-crew! :thumbsup:

TY !!!

I agree Oscar!!! :) Maze games luv them.

Great score for me and fantastic score for you!!! :) Hopefully I can get close to yours with some practice.. :) Going to be a great two weeks of trying for all!!!

• Like 1

TY !!!

I agree Oscar!!! :) Maze games luv them.

Great score for me and fantastic score for you!!! :) Hopefully I can get close to yours with some practice.. :) Going to be a great two weeks of trying for all!!!

Definitely this is a top notch game! I particularly love all Data East games.

I do not have any doubt that you are going to get a very high score in this round. This game rewards good and perseverant players ;) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Great Score!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks m-crew!

I'm still having some problems playing on my HD TV (picture jumping and disappearing) but it's just about bearable.

I think I'll have to get an old analogue TV to play Intellivision on as it's quite hard work at the moment!

Thanks m-crew!

I'm still having some problems playing on my HD TV (picture jumping and disappearing) but it's just about bearable.

I think I'll have to get an old analogue TV to play Intellivision on as it's quite hard work at the moment!

I think it could be just that HD TV, it doesn't refresh fast enough.. I have a problem with DKjr on one of mine , only one side of his body would show when climbing with two vines. Try using another HD TV. It could fix that issue.

I would love to see what score you can achieve, without that issue.. Awesome score!!.. Played a few more games just now but not even close to my high score.. lol

Edited by m-crew
  • Like 1

I hooked up my intellivision to a different HD TV and it's looking a lot better. First go and I managed to get my second highest ever score! I made a few silly mistakes but did a lot better on the heart level(s) than I normally do.

post-29353-0-76623100-1467987959_thumb.jpg

Edited by gezkc
  • Like 3

I hooked up my intellivision to a different HD TV and it's looking a lot better. First go and I managed to get my second highest ever score! I made a few silly mistakes but did a lot better on the heart level(s) than I normally do.

attachicon.gifLNC4.jpg

Awesome!!!

Glad its better for you now. Try sitting you TV screen so it doesn't stretch to fit screen and play. Bet you ll shatter your high score..

• Like 1

Any Tips on game play would be much appreciated.. played for hours and all I could do is better my score by a little bit. :)

Thanks

My main tip would be to make sure you get all the bonus cash bags ($) you can, especially in the early levels. They appear at regular intervals based on the number of gold coins you pick up. If you're finding that the cash is appearing when you don't want it to, try to stick to sections of the maze that you've already cleared until you've drawn the cops away from the middle by tempting them towards you. Once the coast is clear, pick up some more coins to make the cash appear and then make your way to the centre.

It's also important to lock cops behind doors whenever you can because, as well as giving you points (100 for 1 cop, 300 for 2 cops and 1000 for 3 cops), it also makes it a lot easier to get around the maze while they're locked away. Getting the bonus treasures (hat, crown, briefcase etc) are also worth getting if you can, particularly in the later levels (a heart is worth 5000 points!).

Apart from that, just keep practising! :)

Edited by gezkc
  • Like 2

Awesome!!!Glad its better for you now. Try sitting you TV screen so it doesn't stretch to fit screen and play. Bet you ll shatter your high score..

I know - I realised the screen resolution was wrong when I started playing, but didn't want to risk pausing it in case it lost my game!

attachicon.gifLNC4.jpg

Congrats ! Very impressive !

• Like 1

My main tip would be to make sure you get all the bonus cash bags ($) you can, especially in the early levels. They appear at regular intervals based on the number of gold coins you pick up. If you're finding that the cash is appearing when you don't want it to, try to stick to sections of the maze that you've already cleared until you've drawn the cops away from the middle by tempting them towards you. Once the coast is clear, pick up some more coins to make the cash appear and then make your way to the centre.

It's also important to lock cops behind doors whenever you can because, as well as giving you points (100 for 1 cop, 300 for 2 cops and 1000 for 3 cops), it also makes it a lot easier to get around the maze while they're locked away. Getting the bonus treasures (hat, crown, briefcase etc) are also worth getting if you can, particularly in the later levels (a heart is worth 5000 points!).

Apart from that, just keep practising! :)

Thanks for the tips, :)

I do average around 30+ k every game. Next is to beat my high score and the 40k mark,

I think my issue is I play this like pac man , ms pac man, I don't stop and pause at places to let the cops move around.. Its just a programed thing and a reflex in my mind. lol