IGNORED

Bosconian for the 8-bits

MrFish

@AtariLeaf Bosconian use $100 page (from $0100 to $0166) , but $400 no.I debug Atarimax loader is standard load from $0100 to $01EE.

What a superb port you did!! Do you have any plan to port it into a cartridge? So you can use the samples into the banks and make them work on 64k.

Also, you can load the xex using the loader on the $700 address. I think its the standard for nearly every xex file.

• Like 1

Trying to get this to run on my 130XE with no luck. I have a 31n1 OS from Atarimax and XE Rev-D and Warp OS wont start the game. Ive tried the NTSC128, 128e and 64K versions with the same result.

Title screen loads. I press fire and I get a color cycle cursor and the title screen shows again. I press START or fire button and am taken to blue screen where nothing happens.

I have 2 130XE's Ive tried it on. 1 with 128k and a 4n1 OS and another with 320K and 32n1 OS.

Im using APE Trial Mirror to select the XEX to run.

@goochman, tabkey to change apeloader address when using pc mirror with apeloader.... working on stock 130XE no 32in1 or 4in1

all ran with $0400

played through first level or two, no further testing done.

Edited by _The Doctor__

at the bottom area on the ape loader screen you will see the load address, press the tab key and you will see it change, at $0400 just press the letter for the bosconian you wish and it will load, press a key or fire to move to the next splash and do it again etc loading happens each time, until it gets to the game...

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is absolutely incredible, more than a port in fact.

If I was presented with this in an arcade back in the day (with everything as it is here in the 64K version), I would have been impressed with it.

It is good fun to play, great to look at, has that arcade rather than "at home version" feel, great to listen to and although I've not seen any other 8-bit versions, I bet it compares very well.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This is absolutely incredible, more than a port in fact.

If I was presented with this in an arcade back in the day (with everything as it is here in the 64K version), I would have been impressed with it.

It is good fun to play, great to look at, has that arcade rather than "at home version" feel, great to listen to and although I've not seen any other 8-bit versions, I bet it compares very well.

Compares well to the Arcade but no other 8 bit ports come close, except for maybe the MSX port but the c64 version by Masteronic was horrible.. it feels like a different game.

I actually prefer this version over the original. The POKIE chip with it's arcade quality spot effects gives the game a special vibe.

Edited by shoestring
  • Like 1

What is wrong with music?

I don't know what he means with that but for me it's the very last tone of the little jingle that plays when starting a game, which is off-key. Not too much of an issue.

Gave the game a quick try and it plays really well. Looks good too.

Compares well to the Arcade but no other 8 bit ports come close, except for maybe the MSX port but the c64 version by Masteronic was horrible.. it feels like a different game.

I actually prefer this version over the original. The POKIE chip with it's arcade quality spot effects gives the game a special vibe.

This and the 2600 Draconian are far and away the best home ports now. This one is now in my top 5 most played arcade ports

• Like 1

In last version I forgot to add titlescreen and logo :) , I also found one little bug in hscore. Now game is packed with Superpacker (Tebe/Mad Team).

Thanks. This is the PAL version, do you have the NTSC? This has BLAST OFF speech where other's don't.

Wow that 2600 Draconian port is nice...

I can't believe I made such good tunes, effects, and speech using only the TIA audio.

(I even fooled an assembly expert who thought it was using "Pitfall II" DPC music.)

(Mappy 2600 is using DPC+ music with TIA sound effects.)

Some of those 2600/7800 programmers were tone deaf like in 2600 Pac-Man, 7800 Donkey Kong, but sometimes they were excellent like in 7800 Food Fight.

• Like 5