IGNORED

Penguin Adventure, Gradius and Super Game Module 3rd Production Status

GraziGamer

Sorry for the many posts regarding my CV setup, but I keep leaving out info. Below is the complete summary. The edit post function seems to expire after a few hours.

So far I have had no issues with Penguin Adventure either. I am running this on a Yurkie A/V modded CV with pause, bios fire button intro skip, and power led light.

Mine is "75743 REVH2" with 3rd run SGM and standard PS.

Ok. Mine has just done the reset now. After letting it cycle through around 3 to 4 times in the Demo screen it stopped and I have been able to play full games.

It would reset at the beginning of the cave screen in demo mode after initially resetting at the start of a game.

All of my contacts in the cart slot and expansion slot are super clean.

I've now done 20 minute soak tests and 1-level gameplay tests with two different Penguin carts on the following CV systems:

1 F18A modded system with the original power supply

1 F18A modded system with the power supply replaced with an internal supply (I actually let this one soak for about 2 hours)

1 AV modded system with an original power supply

1 totally Vanilla CV system and I actually picked the most beat up one I had in my stack! lol

No issues with either carts at all.

The issue with some of these new Gradius and Penguin Adventure carts has to be due to the thickness or length of the exposed cartridge PCB... obviously the part that inserts in the cartridge connector.

As I posted before, Gradius and P.A. works perfectly in my ADAM and one of my CVs. In my other CV (which is modded heavily, but i'm positive now that that does not matter), Gradius works perfectly, but I have to keep constant pressure pushing down on the P.A. cart for it not to reset... which means it's unplayable on this system unless I have my kid keep downward pressure on the cart and that's not going to happen because he'd give up!

got mine the week before xmas and Gradius worked great the sgm tho wouldnt accept my zaxxon cart tho, found this forum and decided to try the combination again today and now it works fine......weird love the product by the way tryied to buy bosconian but AA is sold out

The best case, you may have to shave a little plastic off the edge connector of the cartridge to allow room for the PCB to slide into the cartridge slot more. From Chartz post, the cart edge connector may be too long. Or put several really heavy books on top of Penguin Adventure to keep it in the slot to free up the kid to do other things.

The issue with some of these new Gradius and Penguin Adventure carts has to be due to the thickness or length of the exposed cartridge PCB... obviously the part that inserts in the cartridge connector.

As I posted before, Gradius and P.A. works perfectly in my ADAM and one of my CVs. In my other CV (which is modded heavily, but i'm positive now that that does not matter), Gradius works perfectly, but I have to keep constant pressure pushing down on the P.A. cart for it not to reset... which means it's unplayable on this system unless I have my kid keep downward pressure on the cart and that's not going to happen because he'd give up!

Thank Kiwi... not really worried about it because I know the cart works and don't want to mess with it as that could have an adverse affect on using the cart on other systems.

Anyway, if I use the cart on this problem system, i'll use one of my kid's school books to free him up from holding the cart as well as doing his homework! He'll really appreciate that! :lol:

• Like 1

Got my copy of Penguin Adventure the other day, works great haven't had any issues. I am really impressed with quality of the packaging and the artwork, especially the manual. I really liked looking through "Super Game Cartridge Catalog" very enjoyable reminded me of being a kid and looking at all the game catalogs very impressive. Looking forward too all the upcoming games especially Donkey Kong and The Maze of Galious. I really enjoy seeing people push the limits of the Colecovision, maybe one day we might even see some NES classics like The Legend of Zelda , Metroid, Double Dragon, Tetris and of course Super Mario Bros. That Castlevania mock-up was very impressive as well, thanks for all your efforts.

• Like 1

Got my copies of Gradius and Penguin Adventure the other day as well, Gradius seems to work fine, although haven't played through it very far as yet. Penguin Adventure does not work, I am having the same issue of it looping through the Super Game Module screen continuously. I have tried putting pressure on the cartridge and it makes no difference.

My setup is a stock Pal Colecovision, only change is a simple composite AV mod and the power switch has been fully cleaned and serviced. I have a large number of both original and home brew titles, including all Super Game Module titles released so far and have never had a problem with any of them.

Have sent a support request through to opcode, waiting for a response, but did see above that he may be away at the moment.

Hi guys,

Our vacation just came to an end and this week we will return with full power!

We are reading all the messages you have been posted, and now that Ed is back to the US we can take care of everything.

We appreciate your patience.

In this time that we took a deserved little vacation we could evaluate many points and facts about the year of 2016 and I can't wait to tell you guys all the great plans we have for 2017!!! :love:

For us, Opcode, QUALITY is above time, but, we are scheduling ourselves better this year so the delays that happened last year do not happen again. I can assure you we will try our best!

And finally, if you have some problem with some of our products please don't hesitate to contact me, I can give you more attention if we talk via email. :)

Thanks.

support[at]opcodegames.com

• Like 3

I am back from vacation which means Opcode Games is back on business. Our priorities early this year are:

• Ship remaining SGMs, including 1st and 2nd run French SCARTs. They were assembled last year but I just didn’t have the time to ship them due to conflicting and busy schedule before leaving to Brazil.
  • Investigate and fix issues with some copies of Penguin Adventure.
  • Beta testing SGM Pro. We will soon start pre-orders, and also plan to offer a trade-in program for 3rd run buyers. Please stay tuned for more details soon. The estimated shipping date for the SGM Pro is July/August 2017, with two games available around the launch window (Pac-Man DX and Donkey Kong)
  • Ship replacement nameplates for 2nd run (long overdue)
  • Announce our new Color line titles for the upcoming months.
  • Like 4

Both work great. And look great. Penguin Adventure & Gradius. Arrived a few weeks ago actually but it occured to me to leave some feedback.

Very nice job Opcode.

I'll order the color line games soon too.

Glad you enjoyed your games :D

Hi guys,

Our vacation just came to an end and this week we will return with full power!

We are reading all the messages you have been posted, and now that Ed is back to the US we can take care of everything.

We appreciate your patience.

In this time that we took a deserved little vacation we could evaluate many points and facts about the year of 2016 and I can't wait to tell you guys all the great plans we have for 2017!!! :love:

For us, Opcode, QUALITY is above time, but, we are scheduling ourselves better this year so the delays that happened last year do not happen again. I can assure you we will try our best!

And finally, if you have some problem with some of our products please don't hesitate to contact me, I can give you more attention if we talk via email. :)

Thanks.

support[at]opcodegames.com

Hi Gracie,

Still haven't heard anything back from my support request regarding Penguin Adventure, stock PAL ColecoVision with simple composite AV mod, have every other SGM game and they all work fine, this one just loops at the Super Game Module logo screen. Exerting pressure etc does nothing.

Thanks

Tony

Hi Gracie,

Still haven't heard anything back from my support request regarding Penguin Adventure, stock PAL ColecoVision with simple composite AV mod, have every other SGM game and they all work fine, this one just loops at the Super Game Module logo screen. Exerting pressure etc does nothing.

Thanks

Tony

I'm in the same boat as you, but am guessing that Opcode has only just started to look at the issue having only just got back from vacation.

Ok, sorry for the lack of info. I still need to read most of messages and compile a list, but I have made an interesting discovery. Not posting here because I don't want to inform the copycat...

But again, I will compile a list from the posts here and will probably contact some requesting more info or asking you to return your games so we can make sure there is no other issues. This issue will be investigated and hopefully we will come up with a fix quickly.

• Like 2

Just tried my games on my other av modded coleco and they won't play . Just a black screen . I even tried pushing in on the carts and hitting reset .

So you mean both Gradius and Penguin didn't work? You sure other SGM games are working (just to make sure it isn't your SGM)? Have you retested both games after your initial testing?

So you mean both Gradius and Penguin didn't work? You sure other SGM games are working (just to make sure it isn't your SGM)? Have you retested both games after your initial testing?

I have 2 modded Colecovision consoles . The sgm and games worked on the one console but were a black screen on the other . I think I tried a few sgm games on the console that I got a black screen on and they worked fine . I can do some more testing in the next few days and let you know more .

Well I am having no luck now and I can't use my sgm from the third run . I am trying Gradius and Penguin Adventure now and can't get them to work on both of my av modded consoles . I am also trying Knightmare , Goonies , and Rally X and it is also a black screen for all of them . I am wondering if there is actually a problem with the sgm itself . I know a couple of weeks ago one of my modded Colecovisions played both Gradius and Penguin games fine . When playing them in my other av modded console I got only a black screen . The led light is on btw and both consoles work and play non sgm games just fine .

post-30396-0-35849700-1486175801_thumb.jpg