IGNORED

MPP Smart Terminal source code

Savetz

Here's the source code for MPP Smart Terminal

https://archive.org/details/MPPSmartTerminal

has ATRs of the source code for version 6.1, 8.2, 8.3, and 8.4, plus other related files that I'm not 100% sure what they are. (Drivers and things, may not be source code. But may be interesting.)

https://archive.org/details/MPPSmartTerminalv4.1

Printout of source version 4.1

https://archive.org/details/MPPSmartTerminalv8.2

Printout of source version 8.2

Everything (except the printout scans) is also attached here for your convenience.

MPP Smart Terminal v6.1 binary.ATRMPP Smart Terminal v6.1 source.ATRMPP Smart Terminal v8.2 source.ATRMPP Smart Terminal v8.3 source.ATRMPP Smart Terminal v8.4 source.ATRMPP Smart Terminal v5.ATRMPP Smart Terminal v5 copy 2.ATRMPP Smart Terminal v5 copy 3.ATRMPP Smart Terminal 65 column driver.ATRMPP Modem Driver (homepak).ATR

post-803-0-57550300-1468619898_thumb.jpgpost-803-0-98592100-1468619908_thumb.jpgpost-803-0-15407300-1468619920_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Was the MPP terminal the type of terminal or modem that plugged in the joystick port?

The MPP 1000C and 1000E modems plugged into the joystick port. Smart Terminal software works with those. I think later MPP modem models were standard serial, I don't know if the later versions of Smart Terminal work with those.

Wow, this is cool, that you've posted the software! I had an MPP 1000E & Smart Terminal Cartridge. I got it when it was brand new, when it was first released... In fact, I think that I ordered a 1000C, and received the 1000E, ha, they must have switched production over to the 1000E very quickly. If you connected to another MPP modem, your 300 Baud modem was able to establish a 450 Baud connection, which was really nice, back then.

Does anyone remember the month & year that the MPP 1000E was officially released?

I connected to friends' MPP's at 450 baud and had no issues. Some 1200 baud modems were able to negotiate to the odd 450 baud rate also, so I was able to dial a few BBS's in the DC/Baltimore areas using it. When it took almost an hour to download 90k at 300 baud, a 50% increase in speed was wonderful.

• Like 3

I waded though some of the disks looking for the source for the handler and couldn't find it.

On the bright side, it looks like some of the later releases of the handler allowed for you to set the BAUD rate to 1200. This is just guessing from their BASIC demo programs.

Other than modems at my dads office - this was my first experience with them - "hands on" I guess.. I remember dinking around with it at my friend Joel's house... Calling BBS's in the printout my dad brought home for me.. Teledunjon 1 and 2, and a bunch of other boards that "sounded" cool.. The software was SOOO limited - but because of the memories its great to see it here...

I'd really like to have a 1000c - they dont come up very often..

Other than modems at my dads office - this was my first experience with them - "hands on" I guess.. I remember dinking around with it at my friend Joel's house... Calling BBS's in the printout my dad brought home for me.. Teledunjon 1 and 2, and a bunch of other boards that "sounded" cool.. The software was SOOO limited - but because of the memories its great to see it here...

I'd really like to have a 1000c - they dont come up very often..

• 1 month later...