IGNORED

New Online Store for Colecovision systems, games, and accessories

Bmack36

Hi I setup a new online store to help make ordering easier for the modded systems I sell like the HDMI output version. Preorders can also be ordered through the site if they are out of stock. I also have expansion modules, accessories, and games on the store as well.

Here is the direct link:

https://colecovisionupgradesandsales.ecwid.com/

This can also be accessed through facebook on my page:

https://www.facebook.com/ColecoVisionUpgradeAndSales/ by clicking on the store tab.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Many of my games have graphics issues. For example, in Frenzy the character has lines going through him. My system is AV modded and I replaced the old power switch with a modern rocker one. It had been working fine for a few years since I modded it, but now a lot of games have weird graphics issues.

I noticed one of the prongs on my power adapter is a little loose, so I'm hoping that's the problem. If not, I'm a little nervous about trying to fix the ram.

I love this system, but it is without a doubt one of the most unreliable, poorly made classic systems I've ever owned.

Edited by Noah98

That is the classic VRAM issue, which most of the time is a dirty power switch, but if you have replaced it then it is most likely the Power supply or the VRAM. If the VRAM is bad I would highly recommend going the F18a upgrade route. The video quality improvement is well worth it along with not needing the 12V or -5.

Removing the chips from the system is not recommended if you are not an experienced solderer as the traces are very easy to lift.

If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks,

That is the classic VRAM issue, which most of the time is a dirty power switch, but if you have replaced it then it is most likely the Power supply or the VRAM. If the VRAM is bad I would highly recommend going the F18a upgrade route. The video quality improvement is well worth it along with not needing the 12V or -5.

Removing the chips from the system is not recommended if you are not an experienced solderer as the traces are very easy to lift.

If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks,

If I wanted to have my system F18a upgraded, woukd it matter that i've modded the power switch and that my VRAM is failing? Or, would it still be upgradeable keeping the new switch and bypassing the old VRAM. Also, does the F18a use the old power supply?

The F18a upgrade uses its own VRAM so it doesn't matter if the onboard VRAM is failed. With the standard VGA output F18a does use the same power supply, but it only uses the 5V and not the 12V and -5. I do offer a HDMI output version that uses an off the shelf 5V power supply. The power switch mod shouldn't affect anything.

Thanks

I'm glad that solved your issue. Thanks again for the purchase.

Have you tried cleaning the contacts with deOxit or Electrical contact cleaner on your Mr. Do?

Yes, it has always had problems. The graphics are scrambled and the colors off. Imeven took it apart and checked all of the solder joints.

Since it's the oy game with problems now, I assume it's the cart, not the system.

The only power input required is a provided 5V DC power input. The original power supply is not used anymore for CV games. The 5V is backfed into the original power port so that the roller controller can be plugged in and powered.

EM1 compatability is a little tricky though. You would need a separate composite mod and to unplug the new power supply and use the old one when you wanted to play the atari games as the EM1 needs 12V as well. Both supplies should not be plugged in at the same time as that could cause damage.